Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » Jump to the next error in the console: double-click
Jump to the next error in the console: double-click [message #737354] Fri, 14 October 2011 23:46
Chris Stankevitz is currently offline Chris StankevitzFriend
Hello,

The "console" by the name of "CDT Global Build Console" displays errors and warnings from gcc. These appear in red and yellow.

Double-clicking an error or warning in the console takes me to the offending line in the editor. If the file containing the offense is not open in the editor, the double-click method will nevertheless open the file in the editor. This is very convenient. Extremely convenient.

Question: is there a keyboard shortcut that will take me to the first error/warning in the console window?

If no: is there a method I can use (scripting, plug-in writing, etc) to get such a feature?

If yes: is there a keyboard shortcut that will take me to the *next* error/warning?

Thank you for your help,

Chris

PS: I am familiar with CTRL-. which takes me to the next "problem" in the currently active editor. I dislike this approach for two reasons. First, I am not interested in "problems", I am interested in errors/warnings from GCC. Second, CTRL-. refuses to take me to a "problem" that is not in the editor I currently have displayed.
Previous Topic:Linking SDL in Mac OS X
Next Topic:problem with f77 in photran
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat May 11 13:26:58 GMT 2024