Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Dali » JPA-Diagram Editor + XMI ?
JPA-Diagram Editor + XMI ? [message #737122] Fri, 14 October 2011 17:30 Go to next message
al  is currently offline al Friend
Can an XMI file be pulled in or transformed to be used with JPA Diagram Editor?
Re: JPA-Diagram Editor + XMI ? [message #739818 is a reply to message #737122] Mon, 17 October 2011 22:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Stefan Dimov is currently offline Stefan DimovFriend
The JPA Diagram Editor is based on Graphiti framework and actually it IS using an XMI file for diagram representation. At first this file was located in the project diagrams folder. Now, in this folder there is an XML file representing the diagram, but it's used only during opening/saving the diagram. During editing the editor still uses an XMI file. All the project diagram XMI files are now located under:

<workspace folder>/.metadata/.plugins/org.eclipse.jpt.jpadiagrameditor.ui/

We made this change, because of a bug:

https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=345274

I hope my explanation was comprehensive enough.
Re: JPA-Diagram Editor + XMI ? [message #740508 is a reply to message #739818] Tue, 18 October 2011 15:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Interesting.
This is a need to know so that we can archive the xmi off with the source code for the project for future references.
Any reason that the xmi file can't be part of the file structure of the project?
Re: JPA-Diagram Editor + XMI ? [message #757812 is a reply to message #740508] Mon, 21 November 2011 18:58 Go to previous message
Ok the architect is handing me an entity model (XMI) how does on import the xmi so that the editor knows about it...

I've copied it to the place you mentioned and told it to open diagram, yet it's blank on a new project>
Previous Topic:Tool to run JPQL queries on the fly
Next Topic:JPA-Diagram Editor + JUnit4 Test Synch
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 08:39:18 GMT 2024