Skip to main content


Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » PHP Development Tools (PDT) » Eclipse PDT I20080909 Crashes When Saving
Eclipse PDT I20080909 Crashes When Saving [message #79836] Wed, 10 September 2008 22:23 Go to next message
Eclipse UserFriend
Originally posted by: micahjg26.netscape.net

!ENTRY org.eclipse.osgi 2 1 2008-09-10 17:18:50.883
!MESSAGE NLS missing message: DebugServerTestEvent_timeOutMessage in:
org.eclipse.php.internal.debug.core.PHPDebugCoreMessages

Please help.
Thanks,
Micah
Re: Eclipse PDT I20080909 Crashes When Saving [message #79851 is a reply to message #79836] Thu, 11 September 2008 06:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eclipse UserFriend
Originally posted by: michael.zend.com

Hi,

This is not an error message produced by crash.
Please post complete log and Eclipse configuration.

Thanks!

"Micah" <micahjg26@netscape.net> wrote in message
news:ga9hcu$chi$1@build.eclipse.org...
> !ENTRY org.eclipse.osgi 2 1 2008-09-10 17:18:50.883
> !MESSAGE NLS missing message: DebugServerTestEvent_timeOutMessage in:
> org.eclipse.php.internal.debug.core.PHPDebugCoreMessages
>
> Please help.
> Thanks,
> Micah
Re: Eclipse PDT I20080909 Crashes When Saving [message #79911 is a reply to message #79851] Thu, 11 September 2008 14:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eclipse UserFriend
Originally posted by: codeslave.ca.ibm.com

In what language are you running Eclipse? Generally, NLS errors only
mean "couldn't translate some string to your chosen locale." That's not
a crash.

Try running eclipse with `-console -debug -consolelog -noexit`

That will enable the OSGi console, in debug mode, to dump to console as
well as the .log file, and won't close the console after Eclipse closes
(you have to `exit` or CTRL-C to close the console).

Nick

Michael Spector wrote:
> Hi,
>
> This is not an error message produced by crash.
> Please post complete log and Eclipse configuration.
>
> Thanks!
>
> "Micah" <micahjg26@netscape.net> wrote in message
> news:ga9hcu$chi$1@build.eclipse.org...
>> !ENTRY org.eclipse.osgi 2 1 2008-09-10 17:18:50.883
>> !MESSAGE NLS missing message: DebugServerTestEvent_timeOutMessage in:
>> org.eclipse.php.internal.debug.core.PHPDebugCoreMessages
>>
>> Please help.
>> Thanks,
>> Micah
Re: Eclipse PDT I20080909 Crashes When Saving [message #79985 is a reply to message #79911] Fri, 12 September 2008 19:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eclipse UserFriend
Originally posted by: micahjg26.netscape.net

Nick Boldt wrote:
> In what language are you running Eclipse? Generally, NLS errors only
> mean "couldn't translate some string to your chosen locale." That's not
> a crash.
>
> Try running eclipse with `-console -debug -consolelog -noexit`
>
> That will enable the OSGi console, in debug mode, to dump to console as
> well as the .log file, and won't close the console after Eclipse closes
> (you have to `exit` or CTRL-C to close the console).
>
> Nick
>
> Michael Spector wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> This is not an error message produced by crash.
>> Please post complete log and Eclipse configuration.
>>
>> Thanks!
>>
>> "Micah" <micahjg26@netscape.net> wrote in message
>> news:ga9hcu$chi$1@build.eclipse.org...
>>> !ENTRY org.eclipse.osgi 2 1 2008-09-10 17:18:50.883
>>> !MESSAGE NLS missing message: DebugServerTestEvent_timeOutMessage in:
>>> org.eclipse.php.internal.debug.core.PHPDebugCoreMessages
>>>
>>> Please help.
>>> Thanks,
>>> Micah

I switched to Netbeans until the PDT plugin is stable.
Re: Eclipse PDT I20080909 Crashes When Saving [message #79997 is a reply to message #79985] Fri, 12 September 2008 19:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eclipse UserFriend
Originally posted by: codeslave.ca.ibm.com

> I switched to Netbeans until the PDT plugin is stable.

For shame! At least use phpeclipse! :)


--
Nick Boldt :: Release Engineer, IBM Toronto Lab
Eclipse Modeling :: http://www.eclipse.org/modeling
http://wiki.eclipse.org/index.php/User:Nickb
Re: Eclipse PDT I20080909 Crashes When Saving [message #80012 is a reply to message #79997] Fri, 12 September 2008 20:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eclipse UserFriend
Originally posted by: micahjg26.netscape.net

Nick Boldt wrote:
>> I switched to Netbeans until the PDT plugin is stable.
>
> For shame! At least use phpeclipse! :)
>
>

PHP Eclipse is what I was using before, but it does not seem to be under
development anymore.
Re: Eclipse PDT I20080909 Crashes When Saving [message #80027 is a reply to message #80012] Fri, 12 September 2008 21:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eclipse UserFriend
Originally posted by: codeslave.ca.ibm.com

http://phpeclipse.sourceforge.net/update/nightly/

Last Nightly build was two days ago. Granted, it's been a while since a
*release*, but the Nightlies are all very stable. If you, like me, are
waiting for some phpeclipse features to make their way into PDT, it's a
viable alternative to having to get NetBeans all up ons [1] your 'puter.

:)

(Frankly, I'd like to see pdt and phpeclipse's dev teams joining forces.)

Nick

Micah wrote:
> Nick Boldt wrote:
>>> I switched to Netbeans until the PDT plugin is stable.
>> For shame! At least use phpeclipse! :)
> PHP Eclipse is what I was using before, but it does not seem to be under
> development anymore.

[1] http://hrwiki.org/index.php/All_up_ons
Re: Eclipse PDT I20080909 Crashes When Saving [message #80105 is a reply to message #80027] Sun, 14 September 2008 05:36 Go to previous message
Eclipse UserFriend
Originally posted by: micahjg26.netscape.net

Nick Boldt wrote:
> http://phpeclipse.sourceforge.net/update/nightly/
>
> Last Nightly build was two days ago. Granted, it's been a while since a
> *release*, but the Nightlies are all very stable. If you, like me, are
> waiting for some phpeclipse features to make their way into PDT, it's a
> viable alternative to having to get NetBeans all up ons [1] your 'puter.
>
> :)
>
> (Frankly, I'd like to see pdt and phpeclipse's dev teams joining forces.)
>
> Nick
>
> Micah wrote:
>> Nick Boldt wrote:
>>>> I switched to Netbeans until the PDT plugin is stable.
>>> For shame! At least use phpeclipse! :)
> > PHP Eclipse is what I was using before, but it does not seem to be under
>> development anymore.
>
> [1] http://hrwiki.org/index.php/All_up_ons

It seems like my bug is actually in Eclipse itself, not PDT. I
uninstalled PDT and still had problems. I'll wait for 3.4.1 and try
again. I'm in the middle of a few project right now and can't really
play with it. I'm running the Netbeans 6.5 Beta and it's pretty Stable,
but the PHP support is missing some key features like finding
declarations in other files in the project and such. I can't wait for
the final release of PDT.

Micah
Previous Topic:Images and CSS not displaying in browser output
Next Topic:New integration build I20080909
Goto Forum:
  


Current Time: Wed Feb 01 22:12:38 GMT 2023

Powered by FUDForum. Page generated in 0.03727 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.

Powered by: FUDforum 3.0.2.
Copyright ©2001-2010 FUDforum Bulletin Board Software

Back to the top