Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » Java Development Tools (JDT) » IMarker.getType() throws Marker not found exception
icon5.gif  IMarker.getType() throws Marker not found exception [message #735906] Thu, 13 October 2011 04:33 Go to next message
Kivanc Muslu is currently offline Kivanc MusluFriend
Hi everyone,

For the markers I get from an IProject using
project.findMarkers(IJavaModelMarker.JAVA_MODEL_PROBLEM_MARKER, true, IResource.DEPTH_INFINITE);

I am trying to invoke IMarker.getType(), however for some of these markers, I get the following exception:
Marker id 11139 not found.
	org.eclipse.core.internal.resources.Marker.checkInfo(Marker.java:57)
	org.eclipse.core.internal.resources.Marker.getType(Marker.java:195)
	edu.washington.cs.util.eclipse.model.CompilationError.convertMarkerToProblemLocation(CompilationError.java:113)
	edu.washington.cs.util.eclipse.model.CompilationError.<init>(CompilationError.java:36)
	edu.washington.cs.quickfix.speculation.calc.SpeculationCalculator.processCompilationError(SpeculationCalculator.java:574)
	edu.washington.cs.quickfix.speculation.calc.SpeculationCalculator.doSpeculativeAnalysis(SpeculationCalculator.java:506)
	edu.washington.cs.quickfix.speculation.calc.SpeculationCalculator.doWork(SpeculationCalculator.java:445)
	edu.washington.cs.threading.MortalThread.run(MortalThread.java:88)

I guess the exception is quite clear, however I want to learn what would make the markers not exist anymore (though I don't change anything in the program)? Any guesses?

Thanks,
Re: IMarker.getType() throws Marker not found exception [message #736025 is a reply to message #735906] Thu, 13 October 2011 11:39 Go to previous message
Deepak Azad is currently offline Deepak AzadFriend
You could try the advice from
https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=124281#c11 - i.e make sure
that the marker exists (IMarker.exists()) before doing something with it.
Previous Topic:Eclipse
Next Topic:Unable to view JSPX on local machine
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Sep 25 14:45:46 GMT 2024