Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » pre-build stripping backslashes in SubWCRev cmd
pre-build stripping backslashes in SubWCRev cmd [message #735082] Mon, 10 October 2011 21:35 Go to next message
Bret Missing name is currently offline Bret Missing nameFriend
I'm using Eclipse Indigo for C/C++ on Windows 7 and I have the following pre-build command in my project:

SubWCRev ${workspace_loc:/IMProbe} ${workspace_loc:/IMProbe/svnversion.tmpl} ${workspace_loc:/IMProbe/svnversion.h}

This generates the following error message:

SubWCRev C:\Users\bforeman\workspace\IMProbe C:\Users\bforeman\workspace\IMProbe\svnversion.tmpl C:\Users\bforeman\workspace\IMProbe\svnversion.h
File 'C:UsersbforemanworkspaceIMProbesvnversion.tmpl' does not exist

If I paste "SubWCRev C:\Users\bforeman\workspace\IMProbe C:\Users\bforeman\workspace\IMProbe\svnversion.tmpl C:\Users\bforeman\workspace\IMProbe\svnversion.h" into a command shell it runs perfectly.

Somehow, the backslashes are being stripped when the command is run from inside the pre-builder, evidently by /bin/sh. Does anyone have an idea how to prevent this?
Re: pre-build stripping backslashes in SubWCRev cmd [message #735863 is a reply to message #735082] Wed, 12 October 2011 22:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
So it looks like the pre-builder path computation is failing to delimit backslashes before it passes commands to the bash shell. So ${workspace_loc} gets expanded to C:\Users\bforeman\workspace when it should be C:\\Users\\bforeman\\workspace. Without the delimitting backslash, the bash shell strips them.

Does anyone know if there is a flag I can set in Eclipse to correct this behavior or to signal bash not to strip the backslashes?
Re: pre-build stripping backslashes in SubWCRev cmd [message #735867 is a reply to message #735863] Wed, 12 October 2011 23:33 Go to previous message
I'm pretty sure this is a bug. I've submitted it as bug number 360744.
Previous Topic:Unresolved function calls
Next Topic:__STDC__ always defined in CDT??
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Sep 26 00:39:00 GMT 2024