Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Gemini » Gemini JPA problem with Eclipse RCP
Gemini JPA problem with Eclipse RCP [message #734360] Fri, 07 October 2011 14:32 Go to next message
Nepomuk Seiler is currently offline Nepomuk SeilerFriend
Hi,

I posted some of this problem a while ago here http://www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php/t/203507/.

Since then I fixed this problems via startlevels, later with declarative services.
I thought so. Now I tested my Eclipse RCP application on a slower machine
and again I got sometimes errors, that eclipse.ui cannot find the defined
Extension Points.

How can I prevent my bundle with ExtensionPoints being restarted by Gemini JPA? They are restarted because they require my model-bundle. I changed to import package, without success.

thx in advance,
Muki
Re: Gemini JPA problem with Eclipse RCP [message #734410 is a reply to message #734360] Fri, 07 October 2011 16:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michael Keith is currently offline Michael KeithFriend
Hi Muki,

Since you had that problem, some work was done in the two areas that you discussed.

1) JDBC DataSourceFactory services coming online after Gemini JPA processing of persistence bundles are now detected and cause the EMF service to be created and registered for the relevant persistence unit.

2) A new property was added to disable refreshing in cases when the user is certain that weaving is not enabled for the persistence unit. See the doc on refreshing for information on how to do this.

Both of these features are included in the 1.0.0 release, so if you are not using the 1.0.0 release then you may want to get it. Hopefully the combination of these will solve your problems, but if not then please pass on the details of what you are seeing.

Regards,
-Mike
Re: Gemini JPA problem with Eclipse RCP [message #734943 is a reply to message #734410] Mon, 10 October 2011 13:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Mike,

I updated everything, however the error remains. I activated GEMINI_DEBUG and launched my configuration wiht REFRESH_BUNDLES=true (log.log) and REFRESH_BUNDLES=false (log_ok.log).

I'll try to create a little test case, which will be a bit difficult, because of the race condition aspect Sad The project I use can be found here https://github.com/knowing/Medmon

thx,
Muki
  • Attachment: log.log
    (Size: 47.49KB, Downloaded 247 times)
  • Attachment: log_ok.log
    (Size: 41.10KB, Downloaded 285 times)
Re: Gemini JPA problem with Eclipse RCP [message #737198 is a reply to message #734943] Fri, 14 October 2011 19:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michael Keith is currently offline Michael KeithFriend
I guess I'm not sure what you are asking. When I look at the two logs the one in which refreshing occurs is causing you problems, I guess because the refresh causes your bundle to remove its extension points (and not re-install them?). The other log has refreshing disabled, so there does not seem to be any problem, and in the end the bundles all stop because the framework system bundle is stopped. So what is the problem? You can either run with REFRESH=false or ensure that your bundle re-installs its extension points when it is re-activated, right?
Re: Gemini JPA problem with Eclipse RCP [message #737877 is a reply to message #737198] Sat, 15 October 2011 15:19 Go to previous message
Hi,

Yeah you're completely right. The Extension-Points don't or too late re-installed.
They're standard eclipse.ui extension-points, so I have no idea how to "force" them
to re-install.

However, if the computer is fast enough, the problem disappears, even if REFRESH=true.
Which IMHO is an indicator for some race conditions or bundles get refreshed in the
wrong order. Maybe I should cross-post this on the Eclipse RCP and Equinox forum?
Previous Topic:Spring-OSGi with Mule ESB
Next Topic:HttpInvokerProxyFactoryBean Creation fails
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 02:20:46 GMT 2024