Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Plugin Development Environment (PDE) » API baseline & target platform
API baseline & target platform [message #734283] Fri, 07 October 2011 11:32 Go to next message
Christian Pontesegger is currently offline Christian PonteseggerFriend
When using a target definition for RCP programming, shouldn't the API baseline use the bundles defined by the target platform?

If so, is there a way to set the api baseline to the target platform? Currently I did this by locating the target platform in

workspace\.metadata\.plugins\org.eclipse.pde.core\.bundle_pool\plugins

But I guess multiple targets might put there bundles there, so this won't work for multiple targets.
Re: API baseline & target platform [message #734356 is a reply to message #734283] Fri, 07 October 2011 14:24 Go to previous message
Curtis Windatt is currently offline Curtis WindattFriend
The API Baseline is related to the target definition, but it shouldn't be your current target. It should be the previous release of the target. This way API Tools can recognize if you have changed/broken any API since the last release. If you add new API, the tooling will also suggest whether OSGi style version numbers need to increase (compared to the last release).

API Baselines are set on the preference page and they actually use target definition code underneath. However, this is not currently surfaced in the UI. See bug:
https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=324310

Since you only need to change your baseline after a release, I would suggest that you download a separate install over using the bundle_pool directory of a p2 target.
Previous Topic:JUnit testing action contribution
Next Topic:OS X + Swing + OSGi
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 12:25:37 GMT 2024