Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » Open eclipse project from command line in 3.2
Open eclipse project from command line in 3.2 [message #730723] Thu, 29 September 2011 02:05
Kevin White is currently offline Kevin WhiteFriend
I have spent the better part of the day trying to accomplish what should be a simple task - open a project from the command line. I have an old version of Eclipse (3.2) that we will not be able to upgrade. I am new to Eclipse, so forgive my ignorance here.

I know these features have been implemented in CDT 6.0. I don't even know what CDT is, but can we upgrade CDT without upgrading the entire toolset? What would be the impact if we did so? I am kind of assuming it isn't possible.

I found notes on how to build a plugin to do this, but all attempts to create even the simplest of plugins have failed for me (even the helloworld plugin that gets bundled with PDE, on three different versions of Eclipse, to include 4.1.1 which I downloaded about 30 minutes ago). It creates the button on the toolbar, but doesn't do anything when you click it. The StartupHelper project I can't even get to compile (stackoverflow.com/questions/1087573/open-a-specific-eclipse-project-from-command-line).

Anyway, I am going to tinker for a few more hours before I ditch the whole effort and find a non-Eclipse solution using makefiles. I thought I would post a quick note to see what possibilities existed for something like this.

As some background information, I am developing in vxWorks, and the WindRiver Workbench is a variant of Eclipse 3.2. We are using an automated test tool that we need to instrument some source, build a project on the fly, and then open the project so it gets built automatically as a pre-process step, then download the instrumented code to the target, run it, and collect coverage data.

Thanks in advance,

-Kevin

[Updated on: Thu, 29 September 2011 02:19]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:remote debugging, "Remote Shell" too fast
Next Topic:Signal View of debugger is always empty
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 00:17:14 GMT 2024