Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Remote Application Platform (RAP) » JobErrorDialog does not appear anymore(The error dialog does not pop up, although the IStatus is set to error)
JobErrorDialog does not appear anymore [message #730643] Wed, 28 September 2011 19:01 Go to next message
Markus  is currently offline Markus Friend
Hope this is the correct forum:

I'm using currently RAP 1.4. Since I've updated from 1.3 to 1.4, there is no error shown, when a Job fails.

Maybe it is because of the change from workbench codebase from 3.4 to 3.7.

I found a similar problem posted here https:SLASHSLASHbugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=168720. and there was a post from Tom Seidel on the newsgroup: news:SLASHSLASHbugsnews.eclipse.platform.rcp/eclipse.platform.rcp on 25.01.2007 (can't find that post).

So in 1.3 it did work, on 1.4 its not working. Does anyone know the reason or a solution for it? Perhaps right now, it has to be done by hand (e.g. registering a jobchangedhandler)?

Any help would be great Smile

Thx,
Markus
Re: JobErrorDialog does not appear anymore [message #730645 is a reply to message #730643] Wed, 28 September 2011 19:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sorry for the damaged links. There was an exception that I have to post 5 things to add links...
Re: JobErrorDialog does not appear anymore [message #730770 is a reply to message #730645] Thu, 29 September 2011 06:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ok some more digging brought me to the point, that the window appears, but is disposed so quickly, that it cannot be seen in the browser.
When I set a breakepoint somewhen after the exception occured, the window appears correctly.
Re: JobErrorDialog does not appear anymore [message #730780 is a reply to message #730770] Thu, 29 September 2011 07:04 Go to previous message
Rüdiger Herrmann is currently offline Rüdiger HerrmannFriend
Markus,

where does the exception come from? If it is thrown by RAP code, it is
likely a bug. Please file a bugzilla in that case.

Regards,
Rüdiger

On 29.09.2011 08:41, Markus wrote:
> Ok some more digging brought me to the point, that the window appears,
> but is disposed so quickly, that it cannot be seen in the browser.
> When I set a breakepoint somewhen after the exception occured, the
> window appears correctly.
--
Rüdiger Herrmann

Twitter: @EclipseRAP
Blog: http://eclipsesource.com/blogs/

Professional services for RAP and RCP?
http://eclipsesource.com/services/rap/
Previous Topic:Switch from textfield to textfield
Next Topic:Fragment Host | RAP 1.5 | OSGI Console
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Sep 25 22:46:12 GMT 2024