Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » Internal IDE scripting
Internal IDE scripting [message #730598] Wed, 28 September 2011 16:59 Go to next message
merize147 is currently offline merize147Friend
Does anyone know of a way to script within the IDE? Not edit script files but script eclipse to "do something". For example, If I have a huge standard title block that I'd like to insert every time I create a source file. I don't want to have to open another file and copy/paste it into the new one. So in UltraEdit I have a precanned .js script that writes to the active doc all the comment lines and their defaults.

I've seen a small number of options but all are years old. I'm looking for a project/plugin that is actively being worked on.

other editor examples:
SlickEdit provides SlickC
UltraEdit provides JavaScript (UltraEdit.activeDoc.xxxxx, etc)

Thanks,
Erik
Re: Internal IDE scripting [message #730609 is a reply to message #730598] Wed, 28 September 2011 17:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
David Wegener is currently offline David WegenerFriend
You can use templates to provide the standard title block. Look in Windows->Preferences->Java->Code Style->Code Templates. There are many different types of templates that allow you to customize what gets added when specific language pieces are added.
Re: Internal IDE scripting [message #730644 is a reply to message #730609] Wed, 28 September 2011 19:01 Go to previous message
merize147 is currently offline merize147Friend
Thanks for the heads up on the templates but the comment header was just an example. I'm still looking for an internal way to script things.
Previous Topic:Installing Eclipse 3.7 (I tired everything I could find)
Next Topic:newbie needs help with install and/or uninstall - helios
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 18:36:10 GMT 2024