Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Virgo » Managing Bundle Dependencies
Managing Bundle Dependencies [message #730176] Tue, 27 September 2011 19:36 Go to next message
Mark Elliot is currently offline Mark ElliotFriend
I'm looking at developing a bundle that will depend, for instance, on Spring Integration. Fortunately, I have an Ivy repository with all of the Spring Integration jars, which, thanks to Spring, are ready-to-deploy OSGi bundles. This brings up a few questions:

1. What's the right procedure for building a deployable bundle? (using Eclipse)
2. The Manifest encodes the SI dependencies, but what's the right way to include those dependencies in my deployment package?
3. What tooling is available to support (1) and (2)?
Re: Managing Bundle Dependencies [message #730767 is a reply to message #730176] Thu, 29 September 2011 06:30 Go to previous message
Glyn Normington is currently offline Glyn NormingtonFriend
1. You can use the Virgo tooling to create a new OSGi bundle project. See the Greenpages sample and its guide for an example.

2. The only deployment package Virgo supports is the PAR file which is described in the Programmer Guide.

3. You can use Virgo tooling and Maven for 1 and Virgo tooling and the Maven PAR plugin for 2.

An alternative to using a PAR is to zip up the repository and somehow ensure this is added to the target server's repository chain.

Note that provisioning dependencies will become easier when p2 support is integrated into Virgo. We hope to ship this in a 3.5 release around the end of 2011.
Previous Topic:How to deploy Vaadin app to Virgo Jetty Server?
Next Topic:duplicate bundles in virgo 3
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 00:31:24 GMT 2024