Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Buckminster » Indigo SR1 (3.7.1) references Buckminster 3.6 update site
Indigo SR1 (3.7.1) references Buckminster 3.6 update site [message #729882] Tue, 27 September 2011 08:08 Go to next message
Matthew Webber is currently offline Matthew WebberFriend
I just downloaded and installed Indigo SR1 (3.7.1). It comes with a number of pre-defined software sites. There is a site for Buckminster, but the URL points to the 3.6 update site, which won't work with 3.7.

The invalid site is initially not enabled, but probably should be removed to avoid "accidents". I've not logged a bugzilla since I'm not sure which component it should be filed under, but if someone knows where that bad entry comes from, maybe it should be fixed up (for 3.8 anyhow).

Matthew

[Updated on: Fri, 30 September 2011 10:02]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Indigo SR1 (3.7.1) references Buckminster 3.6 update site [message #729901 is a reply to message #729882] Tue, 27 September 2011 08:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thomas Hallgren is currently offline Thomas HallgrenFriend
Hi Matthew,

Thanks for pointing this out. I wonder who provides that site. Buckminster doesn't participate in the Indigo release
train. I'll investigate.

- thomas

On 2011-09-27 10:08, Matthew Webber wrote:
> I just downloaded and installed Indigo SR1 (3.7.1). It comes with a number of pre-defined software sites. There is a
> site for Buckminster, but the URL points to the 3.6 update site, which won't work with 3.7.
>
> The invalid site is initially not enabled, but probably should be removed to avoid "accidents". I've not logged a
> bugzilla since I'm not sure which component it should be filed under, but if someone knows where that bad entry comes
> from, maybe it should be fixed up (for 3.8 anyhow).
>
> Matthew
>
Re: Indigo SR1 (3.7.1) references Buckminster 3.6 update site [message #729902 is a reply to message #729901] Tue, 27 September 2011 08:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thomas Hallgren is currently offline Thomas HallgrenFriend
I see no trace of a Buckminster update site in Indigo. Not in the original release and not in SR1. I also checked our
own update sites (updates-3.7 and headless-3.7) and their references sites are correct. Could it be that some other
repository that you also have in your IDE contains this reference?

- thomas

On 2011-09-27 10:33, Thomas Hallgren wrote:
> Hi Matthew,
>
> Thanks for pointing this out. I wonder who provides that site. Buckminster doesn't participate in the Indigo release
> train. I'll investigate.
>
> - thomas
>
>
> On 2011-09-27 10:08, Matthew Webber wrote:
>> I just downloaded and installed Indigo SR1 (3.7.1). It comes with a number of pre-defined software sites. There is a
>> site for Buckminster, but the URL points to the 3.6 update site, which won't work with 3.7.
>>
>> The invalid site is initially not enabled, but probably should be removed to avoid "accidents". I've not logged a
>> bugzilla since I'm not sure which component it should be filed under, but if someone knows where that bad entry comes
>> from, maybe it should be fixed up (for 3.8 anyhow).
>>
>> Matthew
>>
>
Re: Indigo SR1 (3.7.1) references Buckminster 3.6 update site [message #729934 is a reply to message #729902] Tue, 27 September 2011 10:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Thomas,

I figured out where this was coming from. Prepare to weep.

I downloaded "Eclipse for RCP and RAP developers" from http://www.eclipse.org/downloads/ and selected the Linux 32-bit (eclipse-rcp-indigo-SR1-linux-gtk.tar.gz) build.

I then untar'd and ran the unmodified Eclipse, pointing it to a new workspace:

unpacked=/scratch/eclipse371/
mkdir ${unpacked}
tar -zxf eclipse-rcp-indigo-SR1-linux-gtk.tar.gz -C ${unpacked}
/scratch/eclipse371/eclipse/eclipse &

"Window --> Preferences --> Install/Update --> Available Software Sites" shows just two sites (Indigo, and Indigo updates), which is correct.

I then defined by proxy settings, and ran Help --> Check for updates, which of course found no updates.

Going again to "Window --> Preferences --> Install/Update --> Available Software Sites", I now see a large number of sites added. The added sites are for various things that aren't in the Eclipse install, but they all look valid, and are all initially disabled. I'm not sure why they get added at this point, and what process adds them, but anyhow ...

Now I go "Help --> Eclipse Marketplace", and search for "Subclipse". I start the Subclipse install (I cancel at the point when I need to accept the licence).

Going again to "Window --> Preferences --> Install/Update --> Available Software Sites", I now see an entry for Buckminster, pointing to the 3.6 update site.

That is obviously completely wrong. Not only the wrong version, but it's not clear why a release version of a feature would need Buckminster anyhow.

I'll try and find out how to raise a fault with the Subclipse team.

Matthew

Re: Indigo SR1 (3.7.1) references Buckminster 3.6 update site [message #731203 is a reply to message #729934] Fri, 30 September 2011 09:04 Go to previous message
I have logged a fault with the Subclipse team - http://subclipse.tigris.org/issues/show_bug.cgi?id=1311
Matthew
Previous Topic:Buckminster doesn't seem to handle SSH keys with passphrases
Next Topic:Final Plugin Version
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 11:45:18 GMT 2024