Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » Java Development Tools (JDT) » Launch Help window terminates Eclipse
Launch Help window terminates Eclipse [message #729868] Tue, 27 September 2011 07:30 Go to next message
Ray  is currently offline Ray Friend
Hi Everyone

I have a fresh installation of Eclipse indigo and also installed JDK 7 SE on my new Windows 7 as I begin my self-study of Java as a language. I've so far created and ran a few simple projects and the interface has been the greatest!

I found that when I press F1 to launch the help menu, eclipse terminates itself in a few seconds. It used to be that it displays an error message indicating that eclipse exited with result code 1. But now it does not anymore (and I didn't remember to copy it down). Seems to mention javaw.exe and a version number of 1.2 / 1.5 required in that message.

Does anyone know what could be wrong? I'll post up that error message if I manage to get it displayed again.

Much appreciated.

Ray
Re: Launch Help window terminates Eclipse [message #729954 is a reply to message #729868] Tue, 27 September 2011 10:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Satyam Kandula is currently offline Satyam KandulaFriend
Look for any javacore*txt files in the eclipse folder or the working directory. This could help in troubleshooting.
Re: Launch Help window terminates Eclipse [message #730229 is a reply to message #729954] Tue, 27 September 2011 23:57 Go to previous message
Ray  is currently offline Ray Friend
I did find some text files named like "hs_err_pid*".
From that point on, did a few Google searches - somehow I have both JRE 6 and 7 installed.

I've removed everything and re-installed just the JRE 6 + JDK 6 and now it's fine....

Thanks!
Ray
Previous Topic:"Start: Applet not initialized" help
Next Topic:add nested jar to build path
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 06:24:49 GMT 2024