Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » GMF (Graphical Modeling Framework) » Help configuring the Taipan example in GMF tutorial
Help configuring the Taipan example in GMF tutorial [message #729607] Mon, 26 September 2011 15:55
Hoang  is currently offline Hoang Friend
Hello everyone,

I have troubles setting up the Taipan example with Eclipse Helios from my Mac Computer. In the dialog box showing the Examples, I could not find anything called "Taipan diagram" as written in the tutorial. I have followed the part "Setup" and "Taipan example" very carefully.

Update: I am sorry, my bad, I used the internet connection at school somehow the connection to dev.eclipse.org could not be established with a certificate. That's why I checked out the git folder and copied only org.eclipse.gmf.examples.taipan to the project and did not do the checkout org.eclipse.gmf.examples.taipan.* as written.

Now I am able to checkout the source of org.eclipse.examples.taipan.*, but when I run the project, it gives dependencies error on .gmf.editor and .gmf.editor.rcp:

"Cannot complete the install because of a conflicting dependency."

Update2: Sorry again, as I did not check out to the ealier version date 07/28/2007. It now works correctly. Still I have one question though. Is there anyone willing to update the Tutorial to the latest version of GMF available? I am really interested in working with this framework, we are in September 2011, and the tutorial is still of the date in 2007.

Thanks alot.

[Updated on: Mon, 26 September 2011 23:46]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:On diagram window focus action
Next Topic:Property window is not getting updated properly as per the node selection in GMF Editor
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 01:53:38 GMT 2024