Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » EGit / JGit » "push Not permitted" using Egit ("push Not permitted" using Egit )
"push Not permitted" using Egit [message #728605] Fri, 23 September 2011 14:26 Go to next message
Rahul  is currently offline Rahul Friend
Hi,
I am using Egit eclipse plugin to connect to the remote git repository.
am able to clone the remote repository using "git://<Remote repository location>"
and can imported the project also.

but when i try to push to the remote repository i got a error dialog box with error
Error: An internal Exception occurred during push" push not permitted.

My repository is located at linux server and i am trying to "push" from windows7 machine.

i also wanted to know that with which user credentials "git client" will connect to the linux serve. and where i need to mention these user credentials.

Thanks in advance.

Re: "push Not permitted" using Egit [message #728618 is a reply to message #728605] Fri, 23 September 2011 14:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Manuel Doninger is currently offline Manuel DoningerFriend
The git:// protocol doesn't allow pushing per default (i think i read somewhere, that it can be possible with some modifications on the server). So you have to use either SSH or HTTP and configure the credentials in the Add Remote dialog. You should get the credentials from the server administrator.

[Updated on: Fri, 23 September 2011 14:45]

Report message to a moderator

Re: "push Not permitted" using Egit [message #728776 is a reply to message #728618] Fri, 23 September 2011 22:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Matthias Sohn is currently offline Matthias SohnFriend
git push over git protocol is insecure as it doesn't provide a means to authenticate the user
and hence is usually disabled. If you still want anonymous push you need to start the
git daemon with the option
--enable=receive-pack

For details type
$git help daemon
Re: "push Not permitted" using Egit [message #729516 is a reply to message #728776] Mon, 26 September 2011 11:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rahul  is currently offline Rahul Friend
Thanks for the quick reply guys....i had configured Server with SSH authentication and it is working like GEM ..Wink..THANKS..
Re: "push Not permitted" using Egit [message #807706 is a reply to message #729516] Sun, 26 February 2012 22:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nejat E. is currently offline Nejat E.Friend
Hi

I face the same error "push not permitted", but with Gitolite. What do I have to change?
My server offers access with key-files. Do I have to change to ssh also?
Re: "push Not permitted" using Egit [message #808131 is a reply to message #807706] Mon, 27 February 2012 12:45 Go to previous message
Matthew Webber is currently offline Matthew WebberFriend
>> My server offers access with key-files. Do I have to change to ssh also?
Normal gitolite operation *is* with SSH, and the SSH authentication is done with key files, so normally you would not need to change anything.

What's your exact configuration? In the Eclipse Git repositories view, if you drill down the repository in question --> "Remotes" --> "origin" (or whatever), what do you see for the pull and push URIs?
Previous Topic:Is there any way to track the duration of git clone operation
Next Topic:remember ssh passphrase
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 04:40:35 GMT 2024