Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Riena » Riena-App requires more than 3 minutes, if it's closed.
Riena-App requires more than 3 minutes, if it's closed. [message #728534] Fri, 23 September 2011 12:43 Go to next message
Tihomir Todorov is currently offline Tihomir TodorovFriend
Hi again,

And today too, I got another problem.

I've created a tree with about 150 000 sub modules (ISubModuleNode)s.

I've created the entire tree not a lazy loading tree,
because of "SWTException: Widget is disposed" (more about this see: Bug 358193 [bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=358193]).

To start the application, it takes about 40 seconds. I think it's totally ok.

But to close the application, it takes about 3 minutes and
the application will blocked completely. I think that is generally not ok.

When i create 250 000 sub modules, the application crashed.

So the question is, why Riena needs so long when I have 150 000 sub modules.
That is to say, I can not create an application that has about 2 000 000 sub moduels. Am I right?

Regards,
Tihomir Todorov

P.S.:
I think, that this is so, because of the registration of each sub module
That is to mean, that i create the tree recursive and i call for each sub module the following code fragment:

ISubModuleNode subModule = new SubModuleNode(new NavigationNodeId(String.valueOf(treeNode.getId())), treeNode.getLabel());
WorkareaManager.getInstance().registerDefinition(subModule, GenericWorkframeSubModuleController.class, GenericWorkframeSubModuleView.ID);
node.addChild(subModule);

And may be, when i close the applicaiton, all sub modules must be unregistered again.

So i can't understand what really happend under the hat and why the applicaiton needs so long, when it's closed.
Re: Riena-App requires more than 3 minutes, if it's closed. [message #728587 is a reply to message #728534] Fri, 23 September 2011 13:58 Go to previous message
Christian Campo is currently offline Christian CampoFriend
The concept of the navigationtree is to show all the objects for which you have a workflow open. So if you create a new record of whatever your app does or you modify it then you create a new module with one or several submodules.

The navigation tree is not and never was intended to hold all objects in your database. Since we did not have that in mind, I think you will fail in more than one area if you try to do that. The proposed way is rather to have a single view where you display your objects in a table and maybe have a search or filter function and then when you select one item only then do you open a new module/submodule.

Registered a submodule is not for free (meaning you could have a arbitrary number of submodules open). Each submodule also opens an RCP view (although that might not be instantly visible.

so I think you have to change the way you work with the navigationtree....

does that make sense.... ?

christian
Previous Topic:How to get a lazy loading tree in Riena?
Next Topic:Riena Assembly Editor deactivates menu commands and shortcuts
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 04:32:29 GMT 2024