Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » problems with cross-compiler path on C/C++ Linux implementation(Eclipse 3.7 on FC10)
problems with cross-compiler path on C/C++ Linux implementation [message #728016] Thu, 22 September 2011 11:43 Go to next message
Mike Turner is currently offline Mike TurnerFriend
Hi,

I implemented Eclipse to cross-build some embedded ARM code from an existing Makefile build, but the build fails because it can't find the cross-toolchain :-

**** Build of configuration Default for project utils ****

make all
arm-angstrom-linux-gnueabi-gcc -Wstrict-prototypes -O3 -fomit-frame-pointer -I /home/mike/overo-oe/tmp/work/armv7a-angstrom-linux-gnueabi/glibc-2.9-r36.3/staging-pkg/sysroots/armv7a-angstrom-linux-gnueabi/usr/include -I /home/mike/overo-oe/tmp/work/overo-angstrom-linux-gnueabi/linux-omap3-2.6.34-r90/git/arch/arm/include -I /home/mike/overo-oe/tmp/work/overo-angstrom-linux-gnueabi/linux-omap3-2.6.34-r90/git /include -c -o rxdata.o rxdata.c
make: arm-angstrom-linux-gnueabi-gcc: Command not found
make: *** [rxdata.o] Error 127

**** Build Finished ****

When I started, I invoked the New Poject wizard and I did set up both the command prefix and the toolchain path. Searching the workspace shows this evidence :-

localhost.localdomain (mike) /home/mike>>--> search workspace arm-angstrom-linux-gnueabi
workspace/.metadata/.plugins/org.eclipse.core.resources/.history/cb/60713ed3a0e400101698ab121440573b:CC=arm-angstrom-linux-gnueabi-gcc
workspace/.metadata/.plugins/org.eclipse.cdt.ui/utils.build.log:arm-angstrom-linux-gnueabi-gcc -Wstrict-prototypes -O3 -fomit-frame-pointer -I /home/mike/overo-oe/tmp/work/armv7a-angstrom-linux-gnueabi/glibc-2.9-r36.3/staging-pkg/sysroots/armv7a-angstrom-linux-gnueabi/usr/include -I /home/mike/overo-oe/tmp/work/overo-angstrom-linux-gnueabi/linux-omap3-2.6.34-r90/git/arch/arm/include -I /home/mike/overo-oe/tmp/work/overo-angstrom-linux-gnueabi/linux-omap3-2.6.34-r90/git/include -c -o rxdata.o rxdata.c
workspace/.metadata/.plugins/org.eclipse.cdt.ui/utils.build.log:make: arm-angstrom-linux-gnueabi-gcc: Command not found
workspace/.metadata/.plugins/org.eclipse.cdt.ui/global-build.log:arm-angstrom-linux-gnueabi-gcc -Wstrict-prototypes -O3 -fomit-frame-pointer -I /home/mike/overo-oe/tmp/work/armv7a-angstrom-linux-gnueabi/glibc-2.9-r36.3/staging-pkg/sysroots/armv7a-angstrom-linux-gnueabi/usr/include -I /home/mike/overo-oe/tmp/work/overo-angstrom-linux-gnueabi/linux-omap3-2.6.34-r90/git/arch/arm/include -I /home/mike/overo-oe/tmp/work/overo-angstrom-linux-gnueabi/linux-omap3-2.6.34-r90/git/include -c -o rxdata.o rxdata.c
workspace/.metadata/.plugins/org.eclipse.cdt.ui/global-build.log:make: arm-angstrom-linux-gnueabi-gcc: Command not found
workspace/.metadata/.plugins/org.eclipse.cdt.core/shareddefaults.xml:<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="no"?><SharedRoot><SharedProperty id="prefix" value="arm-angstrom-linux-gnueabi-"/><SharedProperty id="path" value="/home/mike/overo-oe/tmp/sysroots/i686-linux/usr/armv7a/bin"/></SharedRoot>
workspace/Q-1/.cproject: <option id="cdt.managedbuild.option.gnu.cross.prefix.1972725744" name="Prefix" superClass="cdt.managedbuild.option.gnu.cross.prefix" value="arm-angstrom-linux-gnueabi-" valueType="string"/>
workspace/Q-1/.cproject: <option id="cdt.managedbuild.option.gnu.cross.prefix.1810865254" superClass="cdt.managedbuild.option.gnu.cross.prefix" value="arm-angstrom-linux-gnueabi-" valueType="string"/>
workspace/Q-1/.cproject: <runAction arguments="-E -P -v -dD ${plugin_state_location}/specs.c" command="arm-angstrom-linux-gnueabi-gcc" useDefault="true"/>
workspace/Q-1/.cproject: <runAction arguments="-E -P -v -dD ${plugin_state_location}/specs.c" command="arm-angstrom-linux-gnueabi-gcc" useDefault="true"/>

localhost.localdomain (mike) /home/mike>>--> search workspace /home/mike/overo-oe/tmp/sysroots/i686-linux/usr/armv7a/bin
workspace/.metadata/.plugins/org.eclipse.cdt.core/shareddefaults.xml:<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="no"?><SharedRoot><SharedProperty id="prefix" value="arm-angstrom-linux-gnueabi-"/><SharedProperty id="path" value="/home/mike/overo-oe/tmp/sysroots/i686-linux/usr/armv7a/bin"/></SharedRoot>
workspace/Q-1/.cproject: <option id="cdt.managedbuild.option.gnu.cross.path.1156395647" name="Path" superClass="cdt.managedbuild.option.gnu.cross.path" value="/home/mike/overo-oe/tmp/sysroots/i686-linux/usr/armv7a/bin" valueType="string"/>
workspace/Q-1/.cproject: <option id="cdt.managedbuild.option.gnu.cross.path.1730331033" superClass="cdt.managedbuild.option.gnu.cross.path" value="/home/mike/overo-oe/tmp/sysroots/i686-linux/usr/armv7a/bin" valueType="string"/>

The odd thing that had previously occurred, was that after I created my Q-1 project and then attempted to import sources into it, I found the GUI causing me to create a new project called utils. Now I am unable to attempt importing the same sources to Q-1 because it says the project already exists as utils.

I m tentatively assuming that my problem stems from not having set the cross-toolchain parameters for the utils project. I have looked around the GUI in vain for a mechanism to access the stored cross-toolchain parameterz that I set up, nor yet to set up fresh ones.

Can anybody offer suggestions?

Mike

Re: problems with cross-compiler path on C/C++ Linux implementation [message #728182 is a reply to message #728016] Thu, 22 September 2011 17:14 Go to previous message
Mike Turner is currently offline Mike TurnerFriend
Now I've done some more looking around, I find that I can switch workspaces and create a new C project, and it will - if I do it right - ask me for the toolchain prefix and path. This does *not* seem to happen when I try to import an existing Makefile project, I think. So now, do I have to set up a build target? Having the existing Makefile rigfht there was useful, is there no way to have that *and* specify the toolchain prefix/path?

Mike
Previous Topic:referenced element 'enablement' is not defined
Next Topic:debug included library
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 02:21:11 GMT 2024