Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » EclipseLink » desktop Swing application with EclipseLink
desktop Swing application with EclipseLink [message #727792] Thu, 22 September 2011 01:12
Marc  is currently offline Marc Friend
I've started learning jpa and EclipseLink only few days ago, and till now i've succeeded to understand the basics of the API, but still don't feel able to build a serious application that can stand for long.

The problem is that i didn't find any articles that gives enough informations about some good practices/design patterns, that match the kind of applications i'm trying to build. I've found some articles talking about jpa in standalone applications, but still were dealing with clients and servers and using sessions, something that confuses me.

So just to make my self clear, the application i'm about to develop doesn't need any client or server or any kind of network communication, it's a mono-user Swing application, on which i intend to use EclipseLink with the Derby Embedded database. The application isn't a small one, it will have to deal with roughly 30 entities ...

I was thinking about creating one EntityManager at the start of the application, and to perform all my transactions through it until the application shutdowns, but after some researchs i figured out that such a solution may have performance issues ... creating an EntityManager and closing it on each transaction doesn't seem to be a good idea neither.

I need some indications that can put me in the right way, so any kind of help (tips, links ...) will be very appreciated.

Thanks
Previous Topic:Managing huge amount of entities
Next Topic:Re: desktop Swing application with EclipseLink
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 14:23:15 GMT 2024