Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » Build Settings disabled
Build Settings disabled [message #726572] Sun, 18 September 2011 18:00 Go to next message
Thomas K is currently offline Thomas KFriend
I have a C++ project, compiled with MinGW. Its Build Settings are entirely disabled. I've been told that's because I'm (not)using Managed Project but sadly I don't know where could I possibly set that. I need those options enabled because I want to change an output directory ( by default it's in Workspace\[Project name]\[Release/Debug] ).

Any ideas? Cheers, Tom
Re: Build Settings disabled [message #726649 is a reply to message #726572] Mon, 19 September 2011 07:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Axel Mueller is currently offline Axel MuellerFriend
Open Project Properties->C/C++ Build
Check "Generate Makefiles automatically".

Before you ask
- search this forum
- see the FAQ http://wiki.eclipse.org/CDT/User/FAQ
- google
Re: Build Settings disabled [message #726788 is a reply to message #726649] Mon, 19 September 2011 14:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thomas K is currently offline Thomas KFriend
As I said before, all of the options on "Builder Settings" tab are disabled ( grayed-out ) and I cannot access them. I'm particularly interested in changing the "Build directory" option at the very bottom, which is unfortunately grayed-out as well (why?). However, "Generate Makefiles automatically" check box is already checked by default.

I'm using the Eclipse Indigo Release, if that could help in any way.
Re: Build Settings disabled [message #726946 is a reply to message #726788] Tue, 20 September 2011 02:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Tim Westbrook is currently offline Tim WestbrookFriend
hmmm, not sure sorry, I thought managed build was the old way.
Did this project already exist? or did you create it from a directory? or import it from the filesystem? Personally for existing code I usually say new C++ makefile project, and then give it an existing directory. If _all_ of the settings in the Builder Settings tab are greyed out, I would suspect your project file is broken or incompatible with the version of eclipse cdt you are using. Just some guesses.
Re: Build Settings disabled [message #726991 is a reply to message #726788] Tue, 20 September 2011 06:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thomas wrote on Mon, 19 September 2011 16:59
As I said before, all of the options on "Builder Settings" tab are disabled ( grayed-out ) and I cannot access them. I'm particularly interested in changing the "Build directory" option at the very bottom, which is unfortunately grayed-out as well (why?). However, "Generate Makefiles automatically" check box is already checked by default.

I'm using the Eclipse Indigo Release, if that could help in any way.

Then you are using the internal builder (see "Builder Settings->Builder type). You cannot change the build directory. If you want to change the "Output directory" you can either
- add a post build step that will copy your application (C/C++ Build->Settings->Build steps)
or
- modify the linker command in C/C++ Build->Settings->Tool Settings: C++ Linker

Before you ask
- search this forum
- google
Re: Build Settings disabled [message #727655 is a reply to message #726991] Wed, 21 September 2011 19:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jonathan Missing name is currently offline Jonathan Missing nameFriend
HI,

I want to do the same thing (reallocate the build directory). Can you tell us what need to be changed in the linker setting ?

regards

Jonathan

[Updated on: Wed, 21 September 2011 19:06]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Build Settings disabled [message #727870 is a reply to message #727655] Thu, 22 September 2011 06:20 Go to previous message
Jonathan wrote on Wed, 21 September 2011 21:01
HI,

I want to do the same thing (reallocate the build directory). Can you tell us what need to be changed in the linker setting ?

regards

Jonathan

http://www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php/mv/msg/207500/665566/#msg_665566

Before you ask
- search this forum
- google
Previous Topic:Contributing to CView context menu
Next Topic:Eclipse Indigo with MS VC 9.0? How to?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 09:22:34 GMT 2024