Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Buckminster » How to get target platform path and set it as property form an action
How to get target platform path and set it as property form an action [message #724541] Mon, 12 September 2011 15:03 Go to next message
David Gonzalez is currently offline David GonzalezFriend
Hey,

I want to get the target platform path to reuse it in an action.

First of all, why I wanna do this: I use Jenkins and Sonar and I didn't get it to reuse EMMA reports for Sonar. So I defined an action in Buckminster (#sonar.test) and this action starts an Ant script with an Sonar task. Works fine but Findbugs needs the jars to do some more analysis - and the jars are in the target platform.

So I found out that Buckminster uses a preference org.eclipse.buckminster.pde.targetPlatformPath to store the target platform path. But I didn't find a possibility to read the value of this preference, something like ${org.eclipse.buckminster.pde.targetPlatformPath} or ${targetPlatformPath} doesn't work. The only possibility is to use command getpref --onlyvalue targetPlatformPath - but that only shows the value on console and I don't know how to store it in a property.

Finally I just want to get the path of the target platform. Maybe it's the wrong way to read preferences. I'm sure Jenkins uses a property where this value is stored or the Jenkins Buckminster Plugin does. The first step after starting Buckminster step is "INFO: setpref 'targetPlatformPath=/build/jenkins/[...]'". Is it possible to see which environment variables are available?

Greets,
David
Re: How to get target platform path and set it as property form an action [message #724553 is a reply to message #724541] Mon, 12 September 2011 15:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thomas Hallgren is currently offline Thomas HallgrenFriend
The simple way to do this would be to simply pass the path in a property, i.e.

buckminster -DtargetPlatformPath=/your/path perform ...

It will then become available in the ${targetPlatformPath} property.

HTH,
Thomas Hallgren

On 2011-09-12 17:03, david wrote:
> Hey,
>
> I want to get the target platform path to reuse it in an action.
>
> First of all, why I wanna do this: I use Jenkins and Sonar and I didn't get it to reuse EMMA reports for Sonar. So I
> defined an action in Buckminster (#sonar.test) and this action starts an Ant script with an Sonar task. Works fine but
> Findbugs needs the jars to do some more analysis - and the jars are in the target platform.
>
> So I found out that Buckminster uses a preference org.eclipse.buckminster.pde.targetPlatformPath to store the target
> platform path. But I didn't find a possibility to read the value of this preference, something like
> ${org.eclipse.buckminster.pde.targetPlatformPath} or ${targetPlatformPath} doesn't work. The only possibility is to use
> command getpref --onlyvalue targetPlatformPath - but that only shows the value on console and I don't know how to store
> it in a property.
>
> Finally I just want to get the path of the target platform. Maybe it's the wrong way to read preferences. I'm sure
> Jenkins uses a property where this value is stored or the Jenkins Buckminster Plugin does. The first step after starting
> Buckminster step is "INFO: setpref 'targetPlatformPath=/build/jenkins/[...]'". Is it possible to see which environment
> variables are available?
>
> Greets,
> David
Re: How to get target platform path and set it as property form an action [message #724571 is a reply to message #724553] Mon, 12 September 2011 15:26 Go to previous message
David Gonzalez is currently offline David GonzalezFriend
Hi Thomas,

as I said, I use Jenkins with Buckminster Plugin. So I don't "know" the path, I reuse a archived target platform I defined in another job. So it's not possible for me to know the correct path. :/

Greets,
David
Previous Topic:can't update features in buckminster
Next Topic:Resolution Bug?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 11:56:06 GMT 2024