Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » Application of Semantic Rules on a Meta-Model
Application of Semantic Rules on a Meta-Model [message #723240] Thu, 08 September 2011 06:52
Kieara  is currently offline Kieara Friend
Hello,

I have been given a project to model a transactional language and allow the User to develop a process from the same in a Graphical Editor. I have done this, in GMF and the user can draw (make) the diagrams in the editor. The next task is to incorporate the semantic rules of the language (like structural congruence and reduction relations) and then based on these rules I am supposed to make a functionality that gives user an option to 'Transform' a particular diagram into a resulting diagram.

For example : if there are 2 processes in an editor diagram (made by the user), one of them Process Q is a SUCCESS and other is a normal process and both are in sequence i.e (Process P followed by another Process Q(which is a SUCCESS) ) then the result of this should be
another editor diagram that shows only Process P. (as this is how the language rules defines such a sequence)

The doubts I have are :

1) How do I read the editor diagram in a file/code in order to generate the other editor diagram ?
2) Which files or codes (generated by GMF genmodel / EMF genmodel ) am I supposed to write all this code in ?
3) What structure should I follow ?
4) How do I add the functionality 'Transform' on the context Menu in the Eclipse instance (or the Editor window) ?

Also I would be happy to know if any such work has already been done? Maximum I could reach was to see Activity Diagrams, but even there I couldn't find the semantic aspect of any language, and my concentration is now on transformation.

Thanks
Kieara.
Previous Topic:eclipse packages
Next Topic:use connectors to connect at the top of the element
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 12:59:42 GMT 2024