Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » Is it possible to import a debug configuration?
Is it possible to import a debug configuration? [message #723136] Wed, 07 September 2011 18:24 Go to next message
Jusctsch  is currently offline Jusctsch Friend
Hello,
I'm trying to make the Eclipse IDE as simple as possible for my users, and I was wondering if I could import existing debug configuration. I'm looking under 'import' and I only see 'Launch Configurations'... On 'export' choosing 'Launch Configurations' does allow the exporting of debugging configurations, but I have not been able to select them after importing them on a different session of Eclipse.
Are there some caveats that say "If something in the debugging configuration isn't correct- meaning that I have a source path that doesn't exist or something- Eclipse will throw the entire debug config out"?

Re: Is it possible to import a debug configuration? [message #723138 is a reply to message #723136] Wed, 07 September 2011 18:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
David Wegener is currently offline David WegenerFriend
A debug configuration is a Launch Configuration for Java applications. There isn't a separate file to distinguish between Run and Debug.

If you want to share the Launch configurations as part of a project, you can use the Common tab of the Launch Config to save them in your project. You can then check them in to source control and anyone who checks out the project will automatically get the Launch configuration.
Re: Is it possible to import a debug configuration? [message #723143 is a reply to message #723138] Wed, 07 September 2011 19:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jusctsch  is currently offline Jusctsch Friend
Sure. For sharing a configuration across projects, I assume you should be able to import/export? Off that topic, if I rearrange my screen and exit out of Eclipse, I notice that future sessions have that screen orientation saved. For example, I like to debug with certain windows open in the debugging perspective, and I have those windowsorganized nicely. My thought was that by copying the Eclipse folder and the corresponding workspace, I should be seeing the exact same setup assuming that this setup is saved in either of the two places. This also hasn't seemed to work. Is there a third location for saving this config that I'm not aware of?
Re: Is it possible to import a debug configuration? [message #723272 is a reply to message #723143] Thu, 08 September 2011 08:33 Go to previous message
Axel Mueller is currently offline Axel MuellerFriend
Quote:
Off that topic, if I rearrange my screen and exit out of Eclipse, I notice that future sessions have that screen orientation saved. For example, I like to debug with certain windows open in the debugging perspective, and I have those windowsorganized nicely. My thought was that by copying the Eclipse folder and the corresponding workspace, I should be seeing the exact same setup assuming that this setup is saved in either of the two places. This also hasn't seemed to work. Is there a third location for saving this config that I'm not aware of?

After you customized your windows go to the main menu ->Windows->Save Perspective as.. and overwrite the default (e.g. debug). When you export/import your preferences this will be saved.

Before you ask
- search this forum
- see the FAQ http://wiki.eclipse.org/CDT/User/FAQ
- google
Previous Topic:C++ search not searching too well
Next Topic:How to search resources selected in the projects view ?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Sep 26 02:46:41 GMT 2024