Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » GMF (Graphical Modeling Framework) » Synchronized Diagram doesnt sync after restart
Synchronized Diagram doesnt sync after restart [message #721275] Thu, 01 September 2011 10:05 Go to next message
Robin  randst is currently offline Robin randstFriend
Hi guys,
i have trouble with a synchronization issue.
In my diagram there are different nodes with some children as ports, if i open a new Diagram and add these nodes everything works fine. The visual elements has same children as the models (the default children are added programmatically just to the model).
But after restarting the diagram, every programmatically added children disappear. The model is always correct, but the editPart.getChildren() is incorrect (also visuals). If i add a child to a node using the editor (no default child), all children of this node reappear (getChildren() of editPart works correct again). It also works if a child is connected via a connection to another child. For the default children there is a sync-problem.
I had a look on the diagram-files and noticed that the programmatically added children have no ids (without a connection), but nothing else.

Now i added the children programmatically using the creation commands instead of just adding them to the parent-node. But if i want to copy a node, we copy the visuals and set a new model with same preferences, same problem of dissapearing children occours.
So the way with commands is just a workaround. With another Diagram which is similar everything works fine, always.
Does anybody has an idea, how to solve this Problem?
GMF 1.20

best regards
Robin

[Updated on: Thu, 01 September 2011 10:06]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Synchronized Diagram doesnt sync after restart [message #722599 is a reply to message #721275] Tue, 06 September 2011 09:57 Go to previous message
Robin  randst is currently offline Robin randstFriend
https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=281014

"<context viewClass="org.eclipse.gmf.runtime.notation.Node"
semanticHints="95293618,97279524,93504952,52935432,93000536,..." />
<context viewClass="org.eclipse.gmf.runtime.notation.Edge"
semanticHints="51132246,47732194,46737515,..." />

GMF 2.1 produced this:

<context viewClass="org.eclipse.gmf.runtime.notation.Node" semanticHints=""/>
<context viewClass="org.eclipse.gmf.runtime.notation.Edge" semanticHints=""/>

So we simply removed the semantic hints from the extension, et voilà, our
canonical edit parts appeared again."
Previous Topic:How to Save and Reset the Model