Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Plugin Development Environment (PDE) » Eclipse plugin problem(Can't access other plugin's exported packages)
Eclipse plugin problem [message #720838] Wed, 31 August 2011 10:30 Go to next message
skywalker.sky is currently offline skywalker.skyFriend
Hi,

I am developing an eclipse plugin, and I am trying to use Android's ddmlib, which is exported by the plugin: com.android.ide.eclipse.ddms .

The problem is: I added that plugin to the dependencies in the manifest, but when I try to use the classes contained in ddmlib jar, they aren't accessible. Only com.android.ide.* ones are.

Can anyone help?
Why can't I access the plugin's exported packages?
Re: Eclipse plugin problem [message #720949 is a reply to message #720838] Wed, 31 August 2011 14:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Curtis Windatt is currently offline Curtis WindattFriend
Please double check that the ddms bundle actually exports all of the packages you need.

Also, until 3.7, PDE did not support nested jars. If the ddms plug-in was jarred, PDE was unable to extract the jars and add them to the JDT classpath. This could be worked around by having the project in your workspace and is fixed in 3.7.
Re: Eclipse plugin problem [message #725395 is a reply to message #720949] Wed, 14 September 2011 16:27 Go to previous message
skywalker.sky is currently offline skywalker.skyFriend
Installing Eclipse 3.7 solved the problem, thank you!
Previous Topic:Dependency problem on product export with 3.7
Next Topic:MultiEditor and Properties View problem
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 23:03:41 GMT 2024