Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Jubula » (how) can I use env vars in a test?
(how) can I use env vars in a test? [message #720337] Tue, 30 August 2011 11:57 Go to next message
Tom Brus is currently offline Tom BrusFriend
Hi list,

I would like to use environment vars in my test. Can it be done? If yes, how?
I could not find anything on this in the documentation.

Background:
I want my AUT to do an export to a certain directory. To do that I need to enter a directory in a dialog. Our tester's machine is set up to export to the D: disk. My CI test machine has no D: disk and the export needs to be done to the C: disk. Of course I would like to use the same test in both environments. The logical thing would be to setup an environment variable (EXPORT_DIR=xxxxx) that is set differently in both environments. But I need to get this env var into my jubula test. I would expect there to be some kind of syntax for this (e.g. ${EXPORT_DIR} (I did not try this!))....

Regards,
Tom
Re: (how) can I use env vars in a test? [message #720344 is a reply to message #720337] Tue, 30 August 2011 12:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Alexandra Schladebeck is currently offline Alexandra SchladebeckFriend
Hi,

The part of the documentation you need to look at is here:
http://help.eclipse.org/indigo/topic/org.eclipse.jubula.client.ua.help/html/manual/node111.html#TasksSystemVariables

Cheers,
Alex
Re: (how) can I use env vars in a test? [message #720347 is a reply to message #720344] Tue, 30 August 2011 12:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Tom Brus is currently offline Tom BrusFriend
Great!

Thanks Alex.
Re: (how) can I use env vars in a test? [message #1847470 is a reply to message #720344] Thu, 28 October 2021 11:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Daniel Mising name is currently offline Daniel Mising nameFriend
Hi Alex,

i totally understand that your reply is from 2011 (and all the meaning that brings)

But i would like to use environment variables too.

Could you maybe mention a new URL for the new location?

cheers
Daniel
Re: (how) can I use env vars in a test? [message #1847569 is a reply to message #1847470] Mon, 01 November 2021 14:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Marvin Mueller is currently offline Marvin MuellerFriend
Hello Daniel,
I am not sure if is exactly the same but here you have it: https://help.eclipse.org/2020-12/topic/org.eclipse.jubula.client.ua.help/content/html/userManual/tasks/ch03s14s05.html#using-environment-variables-in-tests

best regards
Marvin
Re: (how) can I use env vars in a test? [message #1847622 is a reply to message #1847569] Tue, 02 November 2021 13:26 Go to previous message
Daniel Mising name is currently offline Daniel Mising nameFriend
Thank you Marvin, for your quick reply!

From a quick glance i'd say it is. (In addition: your URL also includes a "hint" how to construct a help.eclipse.org URL to get to some of the things i mentioned in the other postings :) )
Previous Topic:Jubula is not displaying teststeps in the testsuite editor
Next Topic:Custom Component using client API
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Sep 25 18:39:56 GMT 2024