Skip to main content


Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » PHP Development Tools (PDT) » PDT 1.0.3 Xdebug Breakpoint Problem
PDT 1.0.3 Xdebug Breakpoint Problem [message #76802] Wed, 23 July 2008 07:13 Go to next message
Ian is currently offline IanFriend
Messages: 2
Registered: July 2009
Junior Member
I'm trying to use Xdebug for debugging, and the breakpoints wont trigger.
I setup an xdebug log and there is a discrepancy with the file paths set:

file:///D:/Documents%20and%20Settings/Ian/workspace/php5/htd ocs/index.php

file:///D:%5CDocuments%20and%20Settings%5CIan%5Cworkspace%5C php5%5Chtdocs%5Cindex.php

The forward slashes are url encoded when the breakpoints are set in the
log. Any way to fix this (assuming that's the problem)? Using
xdebug_break(); makes the debugging work.
Re: PDT 1.0.3 Xdebug Breakpoint Problem [message #76818 is a reply to message #76802] Wed, 23 July 2008 07:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
D Kelsey is currently offline D KelseyFriend
Messages: 232
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
XDebug expects the file to be URI encoded, so what you are showing there is correct and expected.
What lines have you tried to set breakpoints on ? when php compiles a script some lines are removed
so even though there is code on that line of the source code, php when it executes doesn't see that
line anymore.

I gather from your example that your apache htdocs points to your workspace. It should not be a
problem but you could try using a different location for your workspace/htdocs location and not use
the "Documents and Settings" directory but use one with no spaces to see if that is the cause as well.

Cheers
Dave Kelsey

Ian wrote:
> I'm trying to use Xdebug for debugging, and the breakpoints wont
> trigger. I setup an xdebug log and there is a discrepancy with the file
> paths set:
>
> file:///D:/Documents%20and%20Settings/Ian/workspace/php5/htd ocs/index.php
>
> file:///D:%5CDocuments%20and%20Settings%5CIan%5Cworkspace%5C php5%5Chtdocs%5Cindex.php
>
>
> The forward slashes are url encoded when the breakpoints are set in the
> log. Any way to fix this (assuming that's the problem)? Using
> xdebug_break(); makes the debugging work.
Re: PDT 1.0.3 Xdebug Breakpoint Problem [message #76834 is a reply to message #76818] Wed, 23 July 2008 08:49 Go to previous message
Ian is currently offline IanFriend
Messages: 2
Registered: July 2009
Junior Member
For some reason updating to xdebug 2.0.3 from 2.0.2 fixed the issue (I
also disabled eAccelerator so that might have fixed it too). Thanks for
the response though!
Previous Topic:Search (and Replace) on multiple files
Next Topic:submitting form results in file dialog window
Goto Forum:
  


Current Time: Sun Jan 29 07:16:24 GMT 2023

Powered by FUDForum. Page generated in 0.03740 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.

Powered by: FUDforum 3.0.2.
Copyright ©2001-2010 FUDforum Bulletin Board Software

Back to the top