Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » Eclipse Indigo with JDK 1.7(Is Eclipse Indigo supposed to be able to use Java 1.7?)
Eclipse Indigo with JDK 1.7 [message #717567] Sun, 21 August 2011 12:13 Go to next message
jdean4 is currently offline jdean4Friend
Is Eclipse Indigo supposed to be able to use Java 1.7?

Yesterday, I uninstalled Eclipse Indigo. I then installed the new Java 1.7 (specificall, jdk-7-windows-x64.exe) on my 64-bit Windows 7 computer. I adjusted my path environment variable so it points to the new jdk 1.7. My regedit now shows Java 1.7 to be the current version of Java.

I then re-installed Eclipse Indigo. In Eclipse, when I go to Window/Preferences/Java/Compiler, the Compiler Compliance Level drop-down shows options 1.3, 1.4, 1.5, and 1.6, but not 1.7. If I compile a program with a string for a switch control expression (a new feature in Java 1.7), I get a compilation error.

Note:

When I use a different IDE (TextPad), I can compile and run my Java 1.7 program (the one with a string for a switch control expression).

I load Eclipse (successfully) using the command:
C:\eclipse\eclipse.exe -vm "c:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.7.0\bin\javaw" -vmargs -Xmx256M

1. Is Eclipse Indigo supposed to be able to use Java 1.7?
2. If yes, how can I get Eclipse to use Java 1.7?
3. If no, when will Eclipse be able to use java 1.7?

Thanks,
John
Re: Eclipse Indigo with JDK 1.7 [message #717585 is a reply to message #717567] Sun, 21 August 2011 14:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michael Pellaton is currently offline Michael PellatonFriend
Java 7 support for Eclipse is not part of the Indigo release. To get the
current state of work you can
- download any 3.8.0 release (e.g. M1)
- or download a 3.7.1 M or RC
- or update JDT in your 3.7.0

For more details, refer to
- http://wiki.eclipse.org/JDT_Core/Java7
- http://wiki.eclipse.org/JDT/Eclipse_Java_7_Support_%28BETA%29

Michael
Re: Eclipse Indigo with JDK 1.7 [message #1803333 is a reply to message #717585] Wed, 27 February 2019 05:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Anand H is currently offline Anand HFriend
Hi Michael,

I need one clarity from you like how we can give security in eclipse indigo.
ex: can we give securities like when we upload code files in eclipse it has to be encrypted because i need to give security to my project.is it possible to give it?
i.e after running tomcat server automatically all the code should be in encrypted format,,others cant use my project?is this possible?
please suggest me on this.

Best,
Anand
Re: Eclipse Indigo with JDK 1.7 [message #1803364 is a reply to message #717567] Wed, 27 February 2019 11:20 Go to previous message
Anand H is currently offline Anand HFriend
Hi All,

I need one clarity from you like how we can give security in eclipse indigo.
ex: can we give securities like when we upload code files in eclipse it has to be encrypted because i need to give security to my project.is it possible to give it?
i.e after running tomcat server automatically all the code should be in encrypted format,,others cant use my project?is this possible?
please suggest me on this.

Best,
Anand
Previous Topic:Code security in eclipse
Next Topic:index.xhtml not created
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 23:41:51 GMT 2024