Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Rich Client Platform (RCP) » Workbench seems to be full of multi-user issues.
Workbench seems to be full of multi-user issues. [message #715927] Tue, 16 August 2011 02:21 Go to next message
Chris Fairhall is currently offline Chris FairhallFriend
I've been analysing heap dumps to find memory leaks in our Workbench based RAP application.

There are references to old disposed Display objects hanging around because static fields in Workbench classes and UI Forms classes keep references to resources.

In some cases I've got entire dialog instances hanging around because the Window class adds a FontChange listener to the JFace FontRegistry and will only remove it when the close method is called (and the FontRegistry is being kept alive by a disposeExec in the Display which has an Image on a static field in another UIForm/JFace class). Too bad if the session is expired and the dialog is disposed instead of closed.

The MessageManager in UIForms has a static field called standardError that contains an object that keeps a reference to an Image - keeping the images Display object from being GC'd, which also keeps a reference to any object that has added a disposeExec as the array the contains the runnables is not cleared after they have been run.

Has anyone found any way to combat these issues?
Re: Workbench seems to be full of multi-user issues. [message #716273 is a reply to message #715927] Tue, 16 August 2011 20:55 Go to previous message
Chris Fairhall is currently offline Chris FairhallFriend
Oops, Looks like I've posted this to the wrong Rich .... Platform forum. Should have gone in the RAP forum. How do I move it?
Previous Topic:problem with JMS in RCP
Next Topic:custom decorator (lightweight or not) overwrites marker in project tree
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 20:16:51 GMT 2024