Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » Uninstalling eclipse
Uninstalling eclipse [message #713779] Tue, 09 August 2011 03:28 Go to next message
Mark Missing name is currently offline Mark Missing nameFriend
How do I do a clean uninstall of eclipse in OSX on a Mac? I installed the wrong version. I thought I was suppose to install the basic version and then find the necessary plugins that I desired. What I was looking for was an interface package for C++. I've since discovered that I can get what I need with the CDT version of eclipse. So, I would like to uninstall the current version I have installed before I attempt to install the CDT version. It may be as simple as removing the eclipse folder in the /Applications subdirectory. But I want to make sure before I do something rash and then later find out there is other stuff that needs to be cleaned up before doing a fresh install. Any help would be appreciated.
Re: Uninstalling eclipse [message #714102 is a reply to message #713779] Tue, 09 August 2011 19:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mark Missing name is currently offline Mark Missing nameFriend
Certainly someone must know how to uninstall the eclipse package. I can't seem to find anything in the documentation on how to do this. Nothing online either.
Re: Uninstalling eclipse [message #715747 is a reply to message #714102] Mon, 15 August 2011 11:24 Go to previous message
John McCabe is currently offline John McCabeFriend
On Tue, 09 Aug 2011 15:43:47 -0400, Mark <forums-noreply@eclipse.org>
wrote:

>Certainly someone must know how to uninstall the eclipse package. I can't seem to find anything in the documentation on how to do this. Nothing online either.

Well, on Windows, you remove the Eclipse folder. I don't know about on
a Mac as I try to avoid Apple products.
Previous Topic:Help make CDT running
Next Topic:Make arguments
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Sep 26 03:26:28 GMT 2024