Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » Help make CDT running
Help make CDT running [message #713681] Mon, 08 August 2011 19:26 Go to next message
Marco  is currently offline Marco Friend
Hi everyone i m new to C and C++ but i decided to learn it ( i m a python user )
So i first tried to add c and c++ to my helios eclipse but it was incompatible so i downloaded the CDT one .
Now i installed minggw and added the folder path in the PATH enviroment variable .

now i create a new c project (exacutable) and the project filder is empty i create a new source file and i past this simple script (found in the c book i m reading)

#include <stdio.h>
void main(void);
void main(void)
{
printf("Ciao Ciao!\n");
}

and it says that stdio.h is unresolved inclusion.

if i try to make a c project but this time a GNU autotools i get the minGW includes stuff into the project folder but it give that error (with an red X on the project icon

Configuration failed with error
(Cannot run program "sh" (in directory "C:\Users\GIORDI\workspaceC\wefewfw"): CreateProcess error=2, The system cannot find the file specified)

so what am i doing wrong? anyone can help me plese ?
Re: Help make CDT running [message #715746 is a reply to message #713681] Mon, 15 August 2011 11:22 Go to previous message
John McCabe is currently offline John McCabeFriend
On Mon, 08 Aug 2011 15:26:09 -0400, Marco
<forums-noreply@eclipse.org> wrote:

>Hi everyone i m new to C and C++ but i decided to learn it ( i m a python user )
>So i first tried to add c and c++ to my helios eclipse but it was incompatible so i downloaded the CDT one .
>Now i installed minggw and added the folder path in the PATH enviroment variable .
>
>now i create a new c project (exacutable) and the project filder is empty i create a new source file and i past this simple script (found in the c book i m reading)
>
>#include <stdio.h>
>void main(void);
>void main(void)
>{
>printf("Ciao Ciao!\n");
>}
>
>
>and it says that stdio.h is unresolved inclusion.
>
>if i try to make a c project but this time a GNU autotools i get the minGW includes stuff into the project folder but it give that error (with an red X on the project icon
>
>Configuration failed with error
>(Cannot run program "sh" (in directory "C:\Users\GIORDI\workspaceC\wefewfw"): CreateProcess error=2, The system cannot find the file specified)
>
>
>so what am i doing wrong? anyone can help me plese ?

When you try to create a C project do you get the MinGW toolchain
shown in the "Toolchains" box in the wizard?

Have you tried the "Hello World ANSI C Project"?

Where do you have MinGW installed to?
Previous Topic:Trying to use CDT first time, Hello World doesn't run
Next Topic:Uninstalling eclipse
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 08:14:33 GMT 2024