Skip to main content


Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » M2M (model-to-model transformation) » Matching transformations
Matching transformations [message #74725] Sat, 09 February 2008 15:06 Go to next message
Eclipse UserFriend
Originally posted by: milan.milanovic.org

Hi,

Does ATL have something similar as this AMW Matching transformation
library (http://www.eclipse.org/gmt/amw/examples/), or is there are any
general patterns for (semi)automatic generation of XML<->MM ?

Thanks in advance,

--
Milan
Re: [ATL] Matching transformations [message #74818 is a reply to message #74725] Mon, 11 February 2008 15:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Milan Milanovich is currently offline Milan MilanovichFriend
Messages: 201
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
I forget too to add [ATL]. But in general I think that this is not good
decision that [ATL] should be added in subject becase this is thing that
could be forget, and every new member woun't add it too. I think that is
better to split ATL list from other M2M projects, if possible.

--
Milan


Milan Milanovic wrote:

> Hi,

> Does ATL have something similar as this AMW Matching transformation
> library (http://www.eclipse.org/gmt/amw/examples/), or is there are any
> general patterns for (semi)automatic generation of XML<->MM ?

> Thanks in advance,

> --
> Milan
Re: [ATL] Matching transformations [message #74834 is a reply to message #74818] Mon, 11 February 2008 15:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eclipse UserFriend
Originally posted by: mddfabro.ilog.fr

Hi Milan,

The matching transformation are used to discover simple patterns of
transformations, such as equality between attributes or classes
(considering Ecore as the metametamodel). It would be great to identify
other patterns, which could be created manually or with the help of
other matching transformations.

I don't know if there are some work about patterns between XML <-> MM.

But there is one workshop paper of 2005 that identifies the necessity of
some patterns. It has pointers to patterns found on the ATL Examples.

Bézivin, J, Jouault, F, and Paliès, J : Towards Model Transformation
Design Patterns. In: Proceedings of the First European Workshop on Model
Transformation (EWMT 2005), Rennes, France. 2005

http://www.sciences.univ-nantes.fr/lina/atl/www/papers/Desig nPatterns05.pdf

Regards,

Marcos.

>
> Milan Milanovic wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>
>> Does ATL have something similar as this AMW Matching transformation
>> library (http://www.eclipse.org/gmt/amw/examples/), or is there are
>> any general patterns for (semi)automatic generation of XML<->MM ?
>
>> Thanks in advance,
>
>> --
>> Milan
>
>
Re: [ATL] Matching transformations [message #74850 is a reply to message #74834] Mon, 11 February 2008 15:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Milan Milanovich is currently offline Milan MilanovichFriend
Messages: 201
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
Dear Marcos,

thank you.

In this paper authors present just two patterns and say:

"The two examples provided in this paper come from a collection of MDE
design patterns we are currently building. We have found 23 MDE design
patterns for the moment. We are still expanding this collection when
receiving
new feedback from ATL users."

Do you maybe know where can I found these patterns ?

_____________________________
Best regards, Milan Milanovic

Marcos Didonet Del Fabro wrote:

> Hi Milan,

> The matching transformation are used to discover simple patterns of
> transformations, such as equality between attributes or classes
> (considering Ecore as the metametamodel). It would be great to identify
> other patterns, which could be created manually or with the help of
> other matching transformations.

> I don't know if there are some work about patterns between XML <-> MM.

> But there is one workshop paper of 2005 that identifies the necessity of
> some patterns. It has pointers to patterns found on the ATL Examples.

> Bézivin, J, Jouault, F, and Paliès, J : Towards Model Transformation
> Design Patterns. In: Proceedings of the First European Workshop on Model
> Transformation (EWMT 2005), Rennes, France. 2005

> http://www.sciences.univ-nantes.fr/lina/atl/www/papers/Desig nPatterns05.pdf

> Regards,

> Marcos.

>>
>> Milan Milanovic wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>
>>> Does ATL have something similar as this AMW Matching transformation
>>> library (http://www.eclipse.org/gmt/amw/examples/), or is there are
>>> any general patterns for (semi)automatic generation of XML<->MM ?
>>
>>> Thanks in advance,
>>
>>> --
>>> Milan
>>
>>
Re: [ATL] Matching transformations [message #74867 is a reply to message #74850] Mon, 11 February 2008 16:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eclipse UserFriend
Originally posted by: mddfabro.ilog.fr

Hi,

This was just a very first work about patterns. Unfortunately, I think
it has been (temporarily) discontinued. It remains as an interesting
subject to study (and I suppose you agree with me :) ).

Regards,

Marcos.

Milan Milanovic wrote:
> Dear Marcos,
>
> thank you.
>
> In this paper authors present just two patterns and say:
>
> "The two examples provided in this paper come from a collection of MDE
> design patterns we are currently building. We have found 23 MDE design
> patterns for the moment. We are still expanding this collection when
> receiving
> new feedback from ATL users."
>
> Do you maybe know where can I found these patterns ?
>
> _____________________________
> Best regards, Milan Milanovic
>
> Marcos Didonet Del Fabro wrote:
>
>> Hi Milan,
>
>> The matching transformation are used to discover simple patterns of
>> transformations, such as equality between attributes or classes
>> (considering Ecore as the metametamodel). It would be great to
>> identify other patterns, which could be created manually or with the
>> help of other matching transformations.
>
>> I don't know if there are some work about patterns between XML <-> MM.
>
>> But there is one workshop paper of 2005 that identifies the necessity
>> of some patterns. It has pointers to patterns found on the ATL Examples.
>
>> Bézivin, J, Jouault, F, and Paliès, J : Towards Model Transformation
>> Design Patterns. In: Proceedings of the First European Workshop on
>> Model Transformation (EWMT 2005), Rennes, France. 2005
>
>> http://www.sciences.univ-nantes.fr/lina/atl/www/papers/Desig nPatterns05.pdf
>>
>
>> Regards,
>
>> Marcos.
>
>>>
>>> Milan Milanovic wrote:
>>>
>>>> Hi,
>>>
>>>> Does ATL have something similar as this AMW Matching transformation
>>>> library (http://www.eclipse.org/gmt/amw/examples/), or is there are
>>>> any general patterns for (semi)automatic generation of XML<->MM ?
>>>
>>>> Thanks in advance,
>>>
>>>> --
>>>> Milan
>>>
>>>
>
>
Re: [ATL] Matching transformations [message #74882 is a reply to message #74867] Mon, 11 February 2008 16:44 Go to previous message
Milan Milanovich is currently offline Milan MilanovichFriend
Messages: 201
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
Hi Marcos,

totally agree ;-).

--
Best regards, Milan


Marcos Didonet Del Fabro wrote:

> Hi,

> This was just a very first work about patterns. Unfortunately, I think
> it has been (temporarily) discontinued. It remains as an interesting
> subject to study (and I suppose you agree with me :) ).

> Regards,

> Marcos.

> Milan Milanovic wrote:
>> Dear Marcos,
>>
>> thank you.
>>
>> In this paper authors present just two patterns and say:
>>
>> "The two examples provided in this paper come from a collection of MDE
>> design patterns we are currently building. We have found 23 MDE design
>> patterns for the moment. We are still expanding this collection when
>> receiving
>> new feedback from ATL users."
>>
>> Do you maybe know where can I found these patterns ?
>>
>> _____________________________
>> Best regards, Milan Milanovic
>>
>> Marcos Didonet Del Fabro wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Milan,
>>
>>> The matching transformation are used to discover simple patterns of
>>> transformations, such as equality between attributes or classes
>>> (considering Ecore as the metametamodel). It would be great to
>>> identify other patterns, which could be created manually or with the
>>> help of other matching transformations.
>>
>>> I don't know if there are some work about patterns between XML <-> MM.
>>
>>> But there is one workshop paper of 2005 that identifies the necessity
>>> of some patterns. It has pointers to patterns found on the ATL Examples.
>>
>>> Bézivin, J, Jouault, F, and Paliès, J : Towards Model Transformation
>>> Design Patterns. In: Proceedings of the First European Workshop on
>>> Model Transformation (EWMT 2005), Rennes, France. 2005
>>
>>>
http://www.sciences.univ-nantes.fr/lina/atl/www/papers/Desig nPatterns05.pdf
>>>
>>
>>> Regards,
>>
>>> Marcos.
>>
>>>>
>>>> Milan Milanovic wrote:
>>>>
>>>>> Hi,
>>>>
>>>>> Does ATL have something similar as this AMW Matching transformation
>>>>> library (http://www.eclipse.org/gmt/amw/examples/), or is there are
>>>>> any general patterns for (semi)automatic generation of XML<->MM ?
>>>>
>>>>> Thanks in advance,
>>>>
>>>>> --
>>>>> Milan
>>>>
>>>>
>>
>>
Previous Topic:ATL website changes
Next Topic:[ATL] Run ant script via console
Goto Forum:
  


Current Time: Thu May 23 06:57:47 GMT 2019

Powered by FUDForum. Page generated in 0.02242 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.

Powered by: FUDforum 3.0.2.
Copyright ©2001-2010 FUDforum Bulletin Board Software

Back to the top