Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Commercial » On install plugin not visible in the "Open Perspective" nor "Show View" menus
On install plugin not visible in the "Open Perspective" nor "Show View" menus [message #711198] Fri, 05 August 2011 22:08
SAM  is currently offline SAM Friend
I have been working on a plug-in for eclipse that has 7 views contained in a Perspective.

When I test my plug-in as an eclipse application from my development environment (Helios for RCP and RAP developers) my perspective and views work correctly and show up in both the "Open Perspective" and "Show View" menus and I can then load and use my plug-in.

However when I export my plugin as a jar file and place it in the dropins folder of various Helios and Indigo builds OR create (following the instructions on wiki.eclipse.org/FAQ_How_do_I_create_an_update_site_%28site.xml%29%3F) and install from a local update site (Help->Install New Software->Add->Local->etc...), my perspective, views and toolbar buttons do not show up (neither before nor after restart). I know that the plugin or at least the Feature is installed because when I look in Help->About->Installation Details, the feature shows up and can be uninstalled.

I have tried to follow steps and suggestions detailed on various sites about setting up/starting plugins as well as following the exporting steps on the overview page of the plugin.xml file.

My assumption, correct or not, is that if everything shows up fine when testing, by running the project from my developing instance of eclipse, then the plugin.xml file is mostly correct and I have the plug-in project set up correctly to be exported and still work as set up.

Does anyone have suggestions about what could be missing in my process or that I might be doing wrong such that my plug-in is un-findable when installed? Or somewhat more detailed information about how the Extensions section of plugin.xml is used by eclipse when loading/installing a plugin?

Thank you.

[Updated on: Fri, 05 August 2011 22:16]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:JasperWave 0.9.1 designer for JasperReports is released
Next Topic:JasperWave Report Designer Release 0.9.2 introduces an RCP version
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 00:50:49 GMT 2024