Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » AspectJ » CompilationParticipant (How to register a CompilationParticipant for AspectJ projects)
CompilationParticipant [message #709915] Thu, 04 August 2011 13:28 Go to next message
Thomas Philipp is currently offline Thomas PhilippFriend
I am using Eclipse 3.5 and AspectJ Development Tools 2.1.1, but the question may be
also answered for Indigo as I would consider to migrate to Indigo.

For vanilla Java projects I have developed a CompilationParticipant, which does some static code checking and e.g. adds warning markers. This works fine in Java projects, if registered for the extension point org.eclipse.jdt.core.compilationParticipant.

However, once a Java project is converted to an AspectJ project, this CompilationParticipant will not be called any more.

Is there a similar concept as "CompilationParticipant" available for the AspectJ-Builder? I have not found any documentation about a similar extension point available for AspectJ projects, though somewhere in the Web there seems to be a AspectJ Superclass with that name and similar methods as in jdt.

I found a workaround to this problem by adding in the .project file manually, before the AspectJ builder, also the vanilla Java builder, but this is not a really good solution as building is done twice and slows down Eclipse.

I would appreciate any hints.
Re: CompilationParticipant [message #710078 is a reply to message #709915] Thu, 04 August 2011 17:14 Go to previous message
Andrew Eisenberg is currently offline Andrew EisenbergFriend
There is now compilation participant support for AJDT:
https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=169857

You need to upgrade to Indigo, however.

Also, not all features of the compilation particiopant have been implemented. See the limitations in comment #12 in the bug.
Previous Topic:abstract syntax tree: How to parse annotations?
Next Topic:StringIndexOutOfBoundsException is caught when modifying any .aj file
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat May 11 01:21:22 GMT 2024