Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » EGit / JGit » global push.default=current not respected?
global push.default=current not respected? [message #708140] Tue, 02 August 2011 14:02 Go to next message
Frank Grimes is currently offline Frank GrimesFriend
Hi All,

I have the following setting in $HOME/.gitconfig:

[push]
default = current

Also, when I look at the "Effective Configuration" in my repository's properties view I see the value is set.

However, when I do a push from my workspace all locally created branches are getting created in my remote repository.

Am I missing something? Shouldn't only the current branch be pushed?

Thanks,

Frank Grimes
Re: global push.default=current not respected? [message #708359 is a reply to message #708140] Tue, 02 August 2011 18:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
R Shapiro is currently offline R ShapiroFriend
Egit has its own way to handle this, which might be overriding your config setting. Either that or jgit doesn't support this configuration option yet -- that situation came up earlier with merge.ff.

The egit preference can be set from Team -> Remote -> Configure Push to Upstream... The default is to push everything, I think. You can restrict it to 'master', or whatever specific branches you prefer, in the dialog that will pop up. Similarly for fetch, via and Team -> Remote -> Configure Fetch from UpStream... I don't know if either of these supports 'current'.
Re: global push.default=current not respected? [message #716981 is a reply to message #708140] Thu, 18 August 2011 23:30 Go to previous message
Matthias Sohn is currently offline Matthias SohnFriend
I think this parameter isn't yet supported by EGit
Previous Topic:subtree merge
Next Topic:EGit PSF problems with Pulse
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 07:25:56 GMT 2024