Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Remote Application Platform (RAP) » WAR Products Tooling in RAP 1.4: no web.xml in product configuration?
WAR Products Tooling in RAP 1.4: no web.xml in product configuration? [message #703580] Wed, 27 July 2011 18:07 Go to next message
Armin  is currently offline Armin Friend
I have copied my Project from RAP 1.3 to RAP 1.4.
Now I´m looking for the right product configuration ("WAR product configuration" in RAP 1.3).

With the WAR Products Tooling in RAP 1.3 I had the page web.xml in the product configuration.
Also I had the option to "List all the libraries that go into the lib folder of the WAR file" on the page Configuration.
I found nothing for this configuration in RAP 1.4.

The RAP Developer Guide (help.eclipse.org/indigo) didn´t helped me.
The Guide is not up to date: Description and pictures from the old version.

My web application will not start without WEB-INF/web.xml and the servletbridge in the WEB-INF/lib folder.
The workaround: I copy these files manually into the WAR file every time a have exported a product.
Is there a better solution?

I use Eclipse for RCP and RAP Developers, WAR Products Tooling is included.
Version: Indigo Release
Build id: 20110615-0604

Server: WebSphere 7

Thanks,
Armin
Re: WAR Products Tooling in RAP 1.4: no web.xml in product configuration? [message #703681 is a reply to message #703580] Wed, 27 July 2011 20:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Holger Staudacher is currently offline Holger StaudacherFriend
Hi Armin,
I can't confirm your issue. I tested the war products from Indigo and everything works fine. Your problem sounds to me that the WEB-INF Folder is missing in the associated project that contains the warproduct file.

We didn't changed the warproducts tooling for 1.4. BTW, this tooling is not RAP specific, you can use it for any serverside equinox applications.

The indigo help does reflect the current state of the tooling. As I said, it sounds to me that your warproduct is corrupted. Can you post the contents of it in a reply? You just need to open the warproduct file with a text editor.
Re: WAR Products Tooling in RAP 1.4: no web.xml in product configuration? [message #704333 is a reply to message #703681] Thu, 28 July 2011 14:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Armin  is currently offline Armin Friend
Hi Holger,

your wonderful WAR Products Tooling was not contained in the package for RAP 1.4 (Eclipse for RCP and RAP Developers, Indigo).
I was confused about it, I thought it must be contained.

Therefore I can´t find the "WAR product configuration" and have used the "Product Configuration" instead.

Now I have installed it from download.eclipsesource.com/~hstaudacher/warproducts/3.7/ and everything is fine.

Thanks,
Armin
Re: WAR Products Tooling in RAP 1.4: no web.xml in product configuration? [message #704357 is a reply to message #704333] Thu, 28 July 2011 14:31 Go to previous message
Arnaud MERGEY is currently offline Arnaud MERGEYFriend
Hello,

WAR Product tooling is available from indigo Update Site, In "Web, XML, Java EE and OSGi Enterprise Development" category, named as "WAR Products (Incubation)"

Regards,
Arnaud

[Updated on: Thu, 28 July 2011 14:32]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:Rich editor
Next Topic:Strange tab-key navigation
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Sep 26 06:36:28 GMT 2024