Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Dynamic Languages Toolkit (DLTK) » Problem setting up Eclipse as an OTcl IDE(No tab group defined for launch configuration type org.eclipse.dltk.tcl.launching.TCLLaunchConfigurationType)
Problem setting up Eclipse as an OTcl IDE [message #702383] Tue, 26 July 2011 09:40
Hameer Abbasi is currently offline Hameer AbbasiFriend
Hi. I'm trying to configure Eclipse as a tool for OTcl programming in ns2.

Okay, now facts:

1. I installed Ubuntu and ns2 successfully, and installed Eclipse through the Ubuntu software center.
  2. I then installed the DLTK by adding download.eclipse.org/technology/dltk/updates/ to Help --> Install new software... and selecting all components except H2 ones because they had a requirement I couldn't trace.
  3. After trying to follow numerous guides, I couldn't find out where to configure the interpretors for TCL (couldn't find an option under Window --> Preferences --> Tcl) and then configured ns2 as a validator.
  4. I finally stumbled upon Run --> Run Configurations and tried to add a Tcl Script configuration and got the error: "No tab group defined for launch configuration type org.eclipse.dltk.tcl.launching.TCLLaunchConfigurationType"
  5. I added a Tcl perspective using the button on top near "Java"
  6. Tried step 4 again and couldn't see Tcl Script listed.

So, how do I add debug and run options for OTcl, anyone?

And a question for anyone who may be using ns2 in this forum, is there a command line option I could use to make it search out all the errors BEFORE running.

I have Sun Java 6 installed and set as the default Java runtime, but can't find the .config directory of the default Ubuntu installation.

Thanks a lot in advance to anyone who may help me, or even attempt to.

Hameer

[Updated on: Tue, 26 July 2011 09:41]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:From ASTNode to IModelElement
Next Topic:Ruby development tools problem?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 08:18:50 GMT 2024