Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » Java Development Tools (JDT) » Help! LDAP issue and debugger hang
icon9.gif  Help! LDAP issue and debugger hang [message #701971] Mon, 25 July 2011 19:59
zoellner is currently offline zoellnerFriend
I'm having 2 real problems and I hope someone has an idea of whats going on. I have Rational Software Architect, v7.5.5 and have been using it for yrs to develop Java applications. 2 months ago it ran one of my apps fine and now it doesnt.

First the debugger issue : It hangs. If I start my app in the background the msg bar says 'Launching MyApp :(87%).' If I start in the foreground, the Progress indicator says 'Launching : Establishing debug connection' and hangs there. In BOTH cases RSA takes 50-75% of my CPU and I cannot terminate the process except for a hard KILL using Task Manager. Oddly enough, if I start my app in background, after I kill RSA, my app actually starts!

The 'real' issue : I'm getting an error message "Unexpected LDAP error occurred; exception=javax.naming.CommunicationException: Server.Name:636 [Root exception is java.net.SocketException]" I have NO idea what this is telling me.

Of course, to top it off - this exact code using the same environment/jars, outside of RSA/Eclipse runs perfectly!!

Also, on the debug issue, there are NO .log entries

Can anyone help?? Thanks!
Previous Topic:AnnotationProcessor for package-level annotations
Next Topic:Access to source code of method (getBody()) from IMethodBinding
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 19:48:49 GMT 2024