Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Target Management » Solved: Application not found
Solved: Application not found [message #701825] Mon, 25 July 2011 16:33 Go to next message
teksaport is currently offline teksaportFriend
Hi, I've recently installed 3.7 SDK fresh and installed TM. I've setup a connection for SSH, and it connects fine and provides a list of files. When I double click on a .php file, I get a popup window that says:

C:\Users\...\workspace\RemoteSystemsTempFiles\...\file.php
Application not found

However if I right mouse on that file, and select open with PHP Editor it opens in Eclipse pefectly.

I've noticed that I can double click on a file with a different extension and it opens fine. And it used to work when I had Helios. Eclipse no longer has a PHP verson so I removed my old, installed 3.7, PDT and TM. It all seems like it's working until I double click a file in the Retmoe Systems Explorer with a .php extension, and it won't open it.

I have tripple checked that the location mentioned above, does exist, and the file in question does exist in that location.

Does anyone know why a double click won't open this kind of file?

Thanks
John

[Updated on: Mon, 25 July 2011 18:14]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Application not found [message #701832 is a reply to message #701825] Mon, 25 July 2011 16:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Martin Oberhuber is currently offline Martin OberhuberFriend
Looks like "*.php" is configured to open with the System Editor on your install by default. Not sure what would cause this - but it could be a Preference setting. Have you tried with a fresh empty workspace?
Re: Application not found [message #701859 is a reply to message #701832] Mon, 25 July 2011 17:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
No I used the same path/directory for my workspace as I had with Helios. But I did remove all contents from my workspace before I installed the new Indigo.

And I just made a new workspace and changed to it, and setup a new connection, and again double clicking on the file gave me the same error, however it now shows the new workspace path.

Re: Application not found [message #701864 is a reply to message #701859] Mon, 25 July 2011 17:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
However, you've given me an idea. I remember mapping my .php files to the old helios directory, and installed indigo into a new directory. Then after I'd remade all of my connections, I deleted the helios, and along with it, the associated program to file extension mapping.

That must be it, I'll try getting *.php mapped to indigo and I think that'll likely fix it.

Thanks
Re: Application not found [message #701898 is a reply to message #701864] Mon, 25 July 2011 18:13 Go to previous message
Yup, that did it. Thanks for the pointer.
Previous Topic:SSH Connection missing after update to RSE 3.3
Next Topic:Connection to a remote application wont show up
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 00:47:08 GMT 2024