Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » sort and organise source files(I want to have the source files in separated folders with eclipse Indigo and CDT)
sort and organise source files [message #700049] Fri, 22 July 2011 18:56 Go to next message
Mike  is currently offline Mike Friend
I'm wondering if there is a way to sort the source files (.h and .cpp)
in the left Project View/Panel.
At the moment all the files are shown as a large list -> it takes to long to find
a file.
I tried to make "folders" and even "source folders", but that created folders on the harddrive and files moved into them are no longer found in the #include statements.

With Visual Studio I only need to create "filters" and moved the files into them.

Is there any way to organise the files without having real folders and the need to change the #include paths ?

Greetings

Mike
Re: sort and organise source files [message #701618 is a reply to message #700049] Mon, 25 July 2011 10:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
As a temporal solution I added some folders for sorting the files,
like msg, org, main, and
added these paths to the include paths of the project.

Isn't there any other solution ?

[Updated on: Mon, 25 July 2011 10:29]

Report message to a moderator

Re: sort and organise source files [message #702050 is a reply to message #701618] Mon, 25 July 2011 22:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yevgeny Shifrin is currently offline Yevgeny ShifrinFriend
If you need to find file quickly, try using ctrl+shift+r ; type file name and it will show all files with this name in you project. Although it does not answer your question about files organization, maybe this is another way to find files quickly Smile

Thanks,
Yevgeny
Re: sort and organise source files [message #702267 is a reply to message #702050] Tue, 26 July 2011 07:01 Go to previous message
Thanks.
Previous Topic:limiting indexer operation
Next Topic:how change source file pointed to for debugging
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Sep 23 06:06:01 GMT 2024