Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Platform - User Assistance (UA) » hiding workbench help(how to hide workbench help)
hiding workbench help [message #698489] Tue, 19 July 2011 14:52 Go to next message
michael.sacarny is currently offline michael.sacarnyFriend
I have tried many times to hide the help provided by org.eclipse.platform.doc.user and org.eclipse.cdt.doc.user but without success. My product plugin has plugin_customization.ini in its root with this line:
org.eclipse.help/HELP_DATA = helpData.xml

I know plugin_customization.ini is working because other preferences in this file are working. helpdata.xml is in the root of the product plugin next to the ini file and is as follows:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<extensions>
<tocOrder>
<toc id="/com.foo.bar.help.idde/toc.xml"/>
</tocOrder>
<hidden>
<toc id="/org.eclipse.platform.doc.user/toc.xml"/>
<toc id="/org.eclipse.jdt.doc.user/toc.xml"/>
<toc id="/org.eclipse.platform.doc.isv/toc.xml"/>
<toc id="/org.eclipse.jdt.doc.isv/toc.xml"/>
<toc id="/org.eclipse.pde.doc.user/toc.xml"/>
<toc id="/org.eclipse.cdt.doc.user/toc.xml"/>
</hidden>
</extensions>

Whatever I try, Workbench and C/C++ Help are displayed in the Help Contents.
Any help on this is appreciated.
Re: hiding workbench help [message #698579 is a reply to message #698489] Tue, 19 July 2011 18:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Chris Goldthorpe is currently offline Chris GoldthorpeFriend
If you don't qualify the path used for HELP_DATA Eclipse will interpret the path relative to the product plug-in. It is usually better to use this kind of a format:

org.eclipse.help/HELP_DATA=PLUGINS_ROOT/org.eclipse.ua.tests/data/help/toc/toc_data/helpDataCustomized.xml

PLUGINS_ROOT will cause the path to be interpreted relative to the plug-in name that follows PLUGINS_ROOT.

Re: hiding workbench help [message #710836 is a reply to message #698579] Fri, 05 August 2011 13:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
After much struggling and no success with HELP_DATA, I tried setting the org.eclipse.help/ignoredTOCS= property and that worked first time.
Re: hiding workbench help [message #716286 is a reply to message #698489] Tue, 16 August 2011 22:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Chris Goldthorpe is currently offline Chris GoldthorpeFriend
I tried the helpdata.xml file you provided and it did hide the 5 books from the Eclipse SDK. The problem must be that the HELP_DATA file is not being opened, i.e. Eclipse is not opening it from the correct path. Did you try my previous suggestion of using PLUGINS_ROOT?
Re: hiding workbench help [message #717800 is a reply to message #716286] Mon, 22 August 2011 12:06 Go to previous message
Yes, I tried that, thanks
Previous Topic:Maven Integration questions
Next Topic:DnD doesnt work in 64-bit linux
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 09:00:39 GMT 2024