Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » GDB Pretty-Print in CDT Hangs for Specific Project
GDB Pretty-Print in CDT Hangs for Specific Project [message #695124] Mon, 11 July 2011 04:31 Go to next message
staatsm is currently offline staatsmFriend
Here's the scenario: I'm running Ubuntu 11.04, with the most recent version of GDB installed (by default), Eclipse Indigo (most recent as of about a month ago) and CDT installed from updates. I'm attempting to use Eclipse's support for GDB pretty-printing of STL containers, following the instructions from here:

stackoverflow.com/questions/4985414/enable-pretty-printing-for-gdb-in-eclipse-cdt

My configuration appears to be correct, as GDB is producing the correct output (as is DDD). Furthermore, for small test projects (and other projects I tested) Eclipse is also working as expected.

However, for one project -- naturally, the one I actually want the support for -- when launching to Debug my project, Eclipse seems to hang... a breakpoint is hit on the very first line of execution, and the "Variables" box in Eclipse has nothing, with the text "Variables" in italics. Pressing "Resume" seems to do nothing. If I disable pretty-printing by commenting out the python commands in ".gdbinit", debugging works fine.

Has anyone seen this? What could possible cause this?
Re: GDB Pretty-Print in CDT Hangs for Specific Project [message #695666 is a reply to message #695124] Tue, 12 July 2011 09:36 Go to previous message
malo_nj  is currently offline malo_nj Friend
Well can`t help you with the exact problem but try looking in GDB traces. Maybe it will have some more info about what happened.
Previous Topic:Cannot create TestCase using CPPUnit, error happens
Next Topic:Indigo CODAN enumeration issue
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat May 04 21:55:42 GMT 2024