Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Plugin Development Environment (PDE) » Space in plugin title(Trying to remove space before Infocenter plugin title)
Space in plugin title [message #694589] Fri, 08 July 2011 22:38 Go to next message
JFoster  is currently offline JFoster Friend
This is a pretty basic question so thanks for bearing with me:

When I create a plugin (using DITA in Xmetal, generating "Eclipse Help" output then using a script to create a plugin and then another script to create a .war file), my finished InfoCenter HTML project appears with a space in front of the title of the plugin. The problem is that this is being put in an InfoCenter with other help systems, which are being generated from DocBook and a variety of other ways, and our help title doesn't line up with the others because of the space, i.e.

> Product One
> Product Two
>  Product Three
> Product Four

with the > representing the arrows that you click to expand the help.

The others are using the same scripts for creating the .jar and then .war files.

In the plugin.xml file I generate from Xmetal, the title looks like this -- I can't get this to render in this post, even using code tags, so in mine please note that there are no spaces between & and # and 10 and ; and so on:

<plugin name=" & # 10 ; & # 9 ; Product Name& # 10 ;      id=" (etc.)

If I just delete things so it reads:
<plugin name="Product Name" id=" (etc.)

then it does remove the space at the beginning, but it adds an ampersand at the end of the title, as in:

Product Name;    

How should that appear in the plugin.xml file in order to come out right?

[Updated on: Sat, 09 July 2011 04:40]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Space in plugin title [message #694630 is a reply to message #694589] Sat, 09 July 2011 02:49 Go to previous message
JFoster  is currently offline JFoster Friend
Okay I found the solution to this. There are two files involved:

plugin.xml

and the file it references as the TOC,

product_name.xml

At the top of the second file is the line

<toc label="Product Name" topic="first_topic.html">

with the same symbols as I mentioned above (which I learned are new line and carriage return codes) bracketing Product Name. So when I remove them in both files the extra space is gone, and no ; at the end.

As I say removing them only from the plugin.xml file had deleted the space, but it must have then picked up the ; from the second file and printed it.

[Updated on: Sat, 09 July 2011 04:40]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:Library(container) not getting reflected in Java build path page
Next Topic:properties folder
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 08:48:02 GMT 2024