Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » Java Development Tools (JDT) » Debugger not deallocating threads(Debugger)
Debugger not deallocating threads [message #694325] Fri, 08 July 2011 10:44
ACruz  is currently offline ACruz Friend
Hello there!

I am developing a set of OSGi bundles using Eclipse Helios, Equinox and Java 6 on MacOSX 10.5. These bundles "assemble" into a application that performs extensive allocation of short lived threads. When I launch the application (not in debug mode) from Eclipse, everything works fine; the threads are created and destroyed and everything works as expected.

When I run the application within the debugger, the number of threads for the Eclipse process rapidly increases (whereas the number of threads within the Java process for the application remains stable), to the point that I get a memory access error (something like: Invalid memory access of location 0x10 rip=0x101099a87). Looks as if there's an equivalent thread within Eclipse for each one of the threads I create in my application, but that those Eclipse threads don't get destroyed when my application's threads terminate.

Am I missing something here? Is there a setting for the debugger that will prevent those "mysterious" threads from remaining in memory? What steps should I follow in order to diagnose/correct the problem?

Your help will be greatly appreciated!
A.
Previous Topic:Java Applet
Next Topic:(no subject)
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 02:57:48 GMT 2024