Skip to main content


Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » PHP Development Tools (PDT) » Runtime error in the browser output view
Runtime error in the browser output view [message #6213] Sat, 17 March 2007 16:00 Go to next message
Nathan Tran is currently offline Nathan TranFriend
Messages: 5
Registered: July 2009
Junior Member
Hi all,

Every time I switch back into eclipse after running/debugging a site I get
a pop dialog box saying:

Error: A runtime error has occurred. Do you wish to debug? Error on line
1. Error: syntax error.

The site launches and operates as expected. Is there anyway to prevent
output from going to the browser output view or setup this out to work
correctly? I am using an external browser (firefox) for output so I don't
know why there's output in the browser output view in the first place.

Nathan.
Re: Runtime error in the browser output view [message #6225 is a reply to message #6213] Sat, 17 March 2007 17:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nathan Tran is currently offline Nathan TranFriend
Messages: 5
Registered: July 2009
Junior Member
Update:

It turns out that the error isn't stemming from the browser output view
but the debug output view. Is there a way to turn this automatic behavior
off?

Thanks.
Nathan.
Re: Runtime error in the browser output view [message #20525 is a reply to message #6225] Tue, 15 May 2007 10:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eclipse UserFriend
Originally posted by: eclipse.milesoft.de

Hi,

maybe you already fixed your problem - please let me know.

I got javascript errors and ugly pages due to the fact that the
html-header (including the style sheets and js files) was not loaded into
the browser output (looks kind of).
So one possibiltiy to fix the problem is to close the (debug or browser)
output view and store the perspective.
At least it works for me.

Hope that helps,
Martin
Re: Runtime error in the browser output view [message #91693 is a reply to message #20525] Sat, 24 January 2009 00:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
matthew is currently offline matthewFriend
Messages: 14
Registered: July 2009
Junior Member
Anyone know how to fix this problem? I try closing the debug and
browser view but still the same "Runtime error" message comes up.
Re: Runtime error in the browser output view [message #91735 is a reply to message #91693] Sat, 24 January 2009 01:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eclipse UserFriend
Originally posted by: nickboldt.gmail.com

Anything in the console or error view? You gotta give a little to get a
little.

http://wiki.eclipse.org/IRC_FAQ#How_do_I_debug_Eclipse.3F_Ho w_can_I_see_what_plugins_are_being_started.3F_How_do_I_start _the_OSGi_console.3F

What are you doing to cause this error?


Matthew Young wrote:
> Anyone know how to fix this problem? I try closing the debug and
> browser view but still the same "Runtime error" message comes up.

--
Nick Boldt :: http://wiki.eclipse.org/User:Nickb
Re: Runtime error in the browser output view [message #91821 is a reply to message #91735] Sat, 24 January 2009 06:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
matthew is currently offline matthewFriend
Messages: 14
Registered: July 2009
Junior Member
I'm sorry my message is out of context. I was trying to reply to this
thread:
http://dev.eclipse.org/newslists/news.eclipse.tools.pdt/msg0 0046.html

>>What are you doing to cause this error?

I just start debugging, the debugger stop at the first line. I hit
Resume(F8). Then I reload the page the second time at the browser,
the debugger again stop at the first line. I hit Resume(F8) again. Now
this time reload the page, and there after, I get this "Runtime Error
.... Syntax Error" message. Keep clicking "No" makes it go away and
debugger is at the first line. From this point on, everytime the
debugger stop at first line or any break point, this "Runtime
Error...Syntax Error" comes up.


> http://wiki.eclipse.org/IRC_FAQ#How_do_I_debug_Eclipse.3F_Ho w_can_I_see_what_plugins_are_being_started.3F_How_do_I_start _the_OSGi_console.3F
I added "-consolelog
-debug
-console" to eclipse.ini and restart PDT. Where is the "Equinox OSGi
console"? I don't see it. How do I bring it up to see the log?
Re: Runtime error in the browser output view [message #91836 is a reply to message #91821] Sat, 24 January 2009 09:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
D Kelsey is currently offline D KelseyFriend
Messages: 232
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
If you are using xdebug as your debugger you can turn off the ability to capture output and send it
to the debug and browser views.

Go to window-->preferences
expand PHP
expand Debug
select Installed Debuggers
select xdebug and press configure
change the Output Capture Settings from Copy to Off

and see if that helps. If it does then the problem is probably the Browser view.

For more info on using xdebug with PDT please check out the guide in the document section
http://www.eclipse.org/pdt/docs.php

Dave Kelsey

Matthew Young wrote:
> I'm sorry my message is out of context. I was trying to reply to this
> thread:
> http://dev.eclipse.org/newslists/news.eclipse.tools.pdt/msg0 0046.html
>
>>> What are you doing to cause this error?
>
> I just start debugging, the debugger stop at the first line. I hit
> Resume(F8). Then I reload the page the second time at the browser,
> the debugger again stop at the first line. I hit Resume(F8) again. Now
> this time reload the page, and there after, I get this "Runtime Error
> ... Syntax Error" message. Keep clicking "No" makes it go away and
> debugger is at the first line. From this point on, everytime the
> debugger stop at first line or any break point, this "Runtime
> Error...Syntax Error" comes up.
>
>
>> http://wiki.eclipse.org/IRC_FAQ#How_do_I_debug_Eclipse.3F_Ho w_can_I_see_what_plugins_are_being_started.3F_How_do_I_start _the_OSGi_console.3F
> I added "-consolelog
> -debug
> -console" to eclipse.ini and restart PDT. Where is the "Equinox OSGi
> console"? I don't see it. How do I bring it up to see the log?
>
Re: Runtime error in the browser output view [message #91894 is a reply to message #91836] Sat, 24 January 2009 20:44 Go to previous message
matthew is currently offline matthewFriend
Messages: 14
Registered: July 2009
Junior Member
>If you are using xdebug as your debugger you can turn off the ability to capture output and send it
>to the debug and browser views.

Bingo! turning "Output Capture" to "Off" got rid of the problem!

>For more info on using xdebug with PDT please check out the guide in the document section
>http://www.eclipse.org/pdt/docs.php

I actually downloaded that last night and read about half way. Very
thorough document. Thank you!
Previous Topic:How to work with javascript?
Next Topic:How to install PDT using "Software Updates"?
Goto Forum:
  


Current Time: Sun Jan 29 06:31:23 GMT 2023

Powered by FUDForum. Page generated in 0.04907 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.

Powered by: FUDforum 3.0.2.
Copyright ©2001-2010 FUDforum Bulletin Board Software

Back to the top