Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » BIRT » Reports Not working while upgrading from Birt 2.6.1. to Birt 3.7
Reports Not working while upgrading from Birt 2.6.1. to Birt 3.7 [message #691142] Thu, 30 June 2011 19:51 Go to next message
Dipin  is currently offline Dipin Friend
Hello everyone,
I am trying to upgrade from Birt 2.6.1 version to the latest version of BIRT 3.7 and having issues while deploying with JBOSS. For some reason, my reports are not getting displayed in the server. I just see the blank page when I try to run my reports. Please see the screenshot attached

This are the steps I did to deploy the runtime -
1. Downloaded the BIRT Runtime 3.7
2. Remove org.apache.xerces from the birt.war\WEB-INF\lib folder.
3. Extracted the birt.war in the deploy folder at this location - jboss-version\server\default\deploy directory.
4. Start JBOSS Server.

Just FYI - The reports works fine in BIRT 3.7 report designer.

I am not sure what else needs to be done in this new version of BIRT other than the steps I mentioned. Does anyone have seen this problem?
I would really appreciate if anyone can help.
  • Attachment: report.png
    (Size: 6.82KB, Downloaded 134 times)
Re: Reports Not working while upgrading from Birt 2.6.1. to Birt 3.7 [message #691510 is a reply to message #691142] Fri, 01 July 2011 15:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dipin  is currently offline Dipin Friend
Nevermind I actually figured out the issue, its because of the library conflict with a different piece of software deployed on the same server. Nothing from the logs indicates this, but I verified when the other software is removed, all the reports load & BIRT functions properly.
Re: Reports Not working while upgrading from Birt 2.6.1. to Birt 3.7 [message #691514 is a reply to message #691142] Fri, 01 July 2011 16:06 Go to previous message
Jason Weathersby is currently offline Jason WeathersbyFriend

For issue resolution

See this thread:
http://www.birt-exchange.org/org/forum/index.php/topic/22745-reports-not-working-while-upgrading-from-birt-2-6-1-to-birt-3-7/page__pid__79485__st__0&#entry79485

Jason

On 6/30/2011 3:51 PM, Dipin wrote:
> Hello everyone,
> I am trying to upgrade from Birt 2.6.1 version to the latest version of BIRT 3.7 and having issues while deploying with JBOSS. For some reason, my reports are not getting displayed in the server. I just see the blank page when I try to run my reports. Please see the screenshot attached
>
> This are the steps I did to deploy the runtime -
> 1. Downloaded the BIRT Runtime 3.7
> 2. Remove org.apache.xerces from the birt.war\WEB-INF\lib folder.
> 3. Extracted the birt.war in the deploy folder at this location - jboss-version\server\default\deploy directory.
> 4. Start JBOSS Server.
>
>
> Just FYI - The reports works fine in BIRT 3.7 report designer.
>
> I am not sure what else needs to be done in this new version of BIRT other than the steps I mentioned. Does anyone have seen this problem?
> I would really appreciate if anyone can help.
Previous Topic:Report of a database schema
Next Topic:Newbie: Report Group-lookup multiple values
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 09:55:03 GMT 2024