Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Jubula » Several questions on testing of figures, subfigures and data models
Several questions on testing of figures, subfigures and data models [message #690275] Wed, 29 June 2011 09:59 Go to next message
Joern Dreyer is currently offline Joern DreyerFriend

As we have a data model, a visual data model and the figures on top, several questions arise:

1. Our UML Lab class diagram editor uses class figures containing several figures without a corresponding EditPart (small +/- symbols to expand collapse attribute and operation compartments). How would I make Jubula aware of these figures?

2. The class figures contain seperate figures for attribute and operation compartments. They also lack an EditPart pendant. How do I tell Jubula to address them via "attribute" / "operation" path segments?

3. For our association figures the inspector gives me a tree that starts with an EditPart derived from org.eclipse.gef.editparts.ScalableFreeformRootEditPart. I wrote an IEditPartIdentifier for it (always returning "root", as I assume there is only one) and the inspector now correctly shows it as "root" node. The checkExistenceOfFigure_byTextpath check however cannot find it. I may have to count the root nodes ... or is this a problem with Jubula. I was wondering how to create a path to the assoc ... the class figures themselves have no parent nodes ...

4. Can I check our data model with a Jubula test? Like, after drawing and naming a class check if it has been added to our visual model correctly and also to our data model? I am currently using a tree view of our model as a workaround. Nevertheless, our developers would like to write tests and check the data model at the same time. And they give plenty of reasons for it. What is your opinion on this problem / feature?

thx for your time!

- Jörn
Re: Several questions on testing of figures, subfigures and data models [message #690339 is a reply to message #690275] Wed, 29 June 2011 11:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Zeb Ford-Reitz is currently offline Zeb Ford-ReitzFriend
Hi Jörn,

1 and 2. Jubula's support for GEF components is limited to Figures with corresponding EditParts. If I remember correctly, addressing components purely via Figures created some pretty convoluted path names, and small layout changes (such as packaging a set of Figures into a container Figure) would break the paths used in the tests.
You could use "Click in Figure" with coordinates in order to click directly on the desired Figure, but that's extremely fragile, and I would only recommend it as a last resort. Another possibility may be use of keyboard shortcuts (if actions can be performed on the Figures via shortcut; ex. the "-" key to collapse the selected Figure). Beyond all that, you could also open an enhancement in our bugzilla, and feel free to add any additional experiences, suggestions, implementations, AUTs, test scenarios, and test results that you feel might help us to realize your use case.

3. I don't understand why you want to check the existence of the root node. After a quick glance at org.eclipse.jubula.rc.rcp.gef.implclasses.FigureCanvasImplClass#findEditPart(String, String[]), I think the EditPart search actually begins with the children of the root EditPart (meaning that the root EditPart would not be part of the path). If that's the case, then I would expect the Inspector (when identifying EditParts other than the root EditPart) to deliver paths that do not include the root EditPart. Is this not the case? I do not understand your statement about class figures not having parent nodes, but perhaps what you are seeing is the Inspector ignoring the root EditPart.

4. Jubula is above all a functional UI testing tool. This means that if a check is being performed, it will be performed (so far as possible) on the UI rather than directly on the model because the UI is what a manual tester would also verify. I wouldn't classify use of the tree view as a workaround: I think it makes sense to verify that both graphical representations of the model (tree view and canvas) are in sync and displaying the correct values. Now, having said all of that, you can also extend Jubula, adding Actions to test your model directly.

- Zeb
Re: Several questions on testing of figures, subfigures and data models [message #690430 is a reply to message #690339] Wed, 29 June 2011 14:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Hi Zeb,

I will create an enhancement ticket for 1. / 2. as we represent EditParts with figures in container figure all over the place.

You are correct in your interpretation of my third problem: The inspector will give me the class name as path when inspecting a class. The root edit part is ignored. Unfortunately, with associations the path looks sth like "com.yattasolutions.diagrams.classdiagram.gef.editor.graphics.ScalableFreeformRootEditPartExtended_1/myAssoc". ScalableFreeformRootEditPartExtended extends ScalableFreeformRootEditPart. Writing an IEditPartIdentifier does not seem to be the problem ... I made it return "root" as identifier and the path has become "root/myAssoc" but jubula does not seem to see this "root" element. Will try with a counting identifier for ScalableFreeformRootEditPartExtended later.

Will postpone thinking about 4.

Another question:

5. We have several tabs inside the eclipe Properties view defined in one of the plugin.xml's of UML Lab. I can make Jubula click on the Properties view and check labels already present, but the Object mapper will not highlight the tabs in the Properties view. Is there another way of selecting tabs, other than click by pixel?

thx again

- Jörn

Re: Several questions on testing of figures, subfigures and data models [message #690800 is a reply to message #690430] Thu, 30 June 2011 08:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Achim Loerke is currently offline Achim LoerkeFriend

on 5.:

Possibly ub_tpn_SelectTabByValue from the unbound_modules_concrete module will do the job. You may also look for other actions on TabbedPane components.

- Achim

Achim Lörke

Re: Several questions on testing of figures, subfigures and data models [message #691421 is a reply to message #690800] Fri, 01 July 2011 12:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Hm, nope. Usig a path like Properties.*/Advanced.* or just Advanced.* does not work.

Let us use the example from http://www.eclipse.org/articles/Article-Tabbed-Properties/tabbed_properties_view.html

How do I make jubuila click on the "Advancet" tab in the "Properties" tab?

- Jörn
Re: Several questions on testing of figures, subfigures and data models [message #692977 is a reply to message #691421] Tue, 05 July 2011 15:14 Go to previous message
Oliver Goetz is currently offline Oliver GoetzFriend
Hi Jörn,

the selection of tabs within the properties view or "tabs within tabs" is not supported yet since this is no standard SWT component. Have you tried to use shortcuts to select the tab? Another way could be to click into the component at a certain position using ub_grc_clickInComponent. If you want we/you can open an enhancement request for this issue in the Jubula Bugzilla.
Regards

-Oliver
Previous Topic:Jubula freezes eclipse for a minute or more
Next Topic:Test Case Browser is empty
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 02:57:45 GMT 2024