Skip to main content


Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » PHP Development Tools (PDT) » Hanging 50% CPU Usage
Hanging 50% CPU Usage [message #68931] Fri, 18 April 2008 10:33 Go to next message
Eclipse UserFriend
Originally posted by: Steve.GoLooking4.co.uk

Hi

I'm having serious problems with Eclipse PDT!
When I attempt to edit a file Eclipse will hang forever, it
will just sit there utilising 50% of my CPU. The only escape
is to kill the process.

The only plug-in I have added is SubClipse 1.2.4.

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers
Steve
Re: Hanging 50% CPU Usage [message #68952 is a reply to message #68931] Fri, 18 April 2008 10:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eclipse UserFriend
Originally posted by: Steve.GoLooking4.co.uk

Steve Heath <Steve@GoLooking4.co.uk> wrote in
news:Xns9A8475A68A623Heathy1286@206.191.52.34:

> Hi
>
> I'm having serious problems with Eclipse PDT!
> When I attempt to edit a file Eclipse will hang forever, it
> will just sit there utilising 50% of my CPU. The only escape
> is to kill the process.
>
> The only plug-in I have added is SubClipse 1.2.4.
>
> Any help would be appreciated.
>
> Cheers
> Steve

Just following up my own post!!!

It seems to be large files that are hanging Eclipse, one of the
files I am having problems with is over 7000 lines long.

Any ideas?
Re: Hanging 50% CPU Usage [message #69011 is a reply to message #68952] Fri, 18 April 2008 16:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Petr is currently offline PetrFriend
Messages: 11
Registered: July 2009
Junior Member
Steve Heath napsal(a):
> Steve Heath <Steve@GoLooking4.co.uk> wrote in
> news:Xns9A8475A68A623Heathy1286@206.191.52.34:
>
>> Hi
>>
>> I'm having serious problems with Eclipse PDT!
>> When I attempt to edit a file Eclipse will hang forever, it
>> will just sit there utilising 50% of my CPU. The only escape
>> is to kill the process.
>>
>> The only plug-in I have added is SubClipse 1.2.4.
>>
>> Any help would be appreciated.
>>
>> Cheers
>> Steve
>
> Just following up my own post!!!
>
> It seems to be large files that are hanging Eclipse, one of the
> files I am having problems with is over 7000 lines long.
>
> Any ideas?


It is interesting ... I edit files with over 10000 lines without any
problems. Some problems is caused by folding - I have disable this
future and now it is rock stable - try it.
BTW: this problem is in bug list.
Re: Hanging 50% CPU Usage [message #69096 is a reply to message #69011] Mon, 21 April 2008 08:45 Go to previous message
Eclipse UserFriend
Originally posted by: Steve.GoLooking4.co.uk

"Petr Suchy (xsuchy09)" <xsuchy09@centrum.cz> wrote in news:fuahuf$ouv$1
@build.eclipse.org:

>> Steve Heath <Steve@GoLooking4.co.uk> wrote in
>>
>> It seems to be large files that are hanging Eclipse, one of the
>> files I am having problems with is over 7000 lines long.
>>
>> Any ideas?
>
>
> It is interesting ... I edit files with over 10000 lines without any
> problems. Some problems is caused by folding - I have disable this
> future and now it is rock stable - try it.
> BTW: this problem is in bug list.
>

Switched folding off and I can now edit my large file again!
Thanks for the info.

Cheers
Steve
Previous Topic:Setup
Next Topic:Code Assist not working for Informix functions
Goto Forum:
  


Current Time: Sat Feb 04 03:53:13 GMT 2023

Powered by FUDForum. Page generated in 0.06767 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.

Powered by: FUDforum 3.0.2.
Copyright ©2001-2010 FUDforum Bulletin Board Software

Back to the top