Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Rich Client Platform (RCP) » Problem deploying RCP application for Windows - Widget disposed too early
Problem deploying RCP application for Windows - Widget disposed too early [message #686491] Wed, 22 June 2011 10:49 Go to next message
Lisa  is currently offline Lisa Friend
Hi all,

I kept searching the web but didn't find a solution to my specific problem. I hope someone here can help me out:

I am developing an Eclipse RCP application under Linux Redhat 5.5. Recently I have upgraded from Eclipse 3.6.1 to 3.6.2 and get the following problem:

I deploy my application using the delta pack for Linux and Windows. On Linux the deployed application runs fine, whereas on Windows the application doesn't start up and I get an entry in the .log stating an SWTException "Graphic is disposed" and a java.lang.RuntimeException "Widget disposed too early". (I attached the corresponding .log file.)

I don't know if it actually has something to do with the upgrade of my developing environment (I also installed some plugins like Classycle, Checkstyle etc.) but before I was always able to deploy successfully for Linux and Windows.

Does anybody have a clue where I could find more information on the problem's cause in my system? Everything I found on this forum and other web resources didn't help in my case ...

Thanks in advance!
Cheers
Lisa
  • Attachment: .log
    (Size: 19.08KB, Downloaded 206 times)

[Updated on: Wed, 22 June 2011 11:27]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Problem deploying RCP application for Windows - Widget disposed too early [message #686606 is a reply to message #686491] Wed, 22 June 2011 15:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Alex Kravets is currently offline Alex KravetsFriend
Seems like your swt libraries are missing for Windows. Are you using target definition?
Re: Problem deploying RCP application for Windows - Widget disposed too early [message #686622 is a reply to message #686606] Wed, 22 June 2011 15:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Alex wrote on Wed, 22 June 2011 11:29
Seems like your swt libraries are missing for Windows. Are you using target definition?

Found this post which might be relevant to what you are doing.
Re: Problem deploying RCP application for Windows - Widget disposed too early [message #686669 is a reply to message #686622] Wed, 22 June 2011 17:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Alex,

Many thanks for your suggestions.
Unfortunately this didn't solve the problem - I exported all needed plug-ins, also the swt packages for windows.

Yes, I am using target definition: I use the Base RCP with Source and added locations for the delta pack and certain other plug-ins.

The strange thing is that the deployed application for Linux doesn't have any problems at all. That's why I should think the project setup should be ok...
Any ideas?

Thanks
Lisa
Re: Problem deploying RCP application for Windows - Widget disposed too early [message #687547 is a reply to message #686669] Wed, 22 June 2011 17:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Can you check this then. In Target Definition dialog where you define all software sites, is your "Include Software" has "Include all environments" checked? As in this screenshot.

Regards,
Alex
Re: Problem deploying RCP application for Windows - Widget disposed too early [message #689344 is a reply to message #686491] Mon, 27 June 2011 13:36 Go to previous message
In case anyone's interested, I found out what causes the error:

In my Perspective class, I define a placeholder folder and add views that are implemented in a different plug-in:

public void createInitialLayout(IPageLayout layout) {

IFolderLayout controlFolder = layout.createFolder("placeholder.id", IPageLayout.RIGHT, 0.8f, IPageLayout.ID_EDITOR_AREA);
controlFolder.addView("view.id.1");
controlFolder.addView("view.id.2");
}

The Perspective class is in plug-in A whereas the added views are in another plug-in B. That in combination with a premature disposal of SWT graphics resources caused the problem ...

In retrospect, it somehow makes sense to get an error there, but what still puzzles me is that I don't have any problems at all on my Linux development environment.

Well, be it as it may - problem worked around Wink

[Updated on: Mon, 27 June 2011 14:10]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:removing Categories from FontAndColors preferancepage
Next Topic:Problem with Eclipse product export wizard
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Sep 18 19:48:05 GMT 2024