Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » EclipseLink » eclipselink-orm.xml and Eclipse JPA views
eclipselink-orm.xml and Eclipse JPA views [message #685955] Tue, 21 June 2011 03:53 Go to next message
Dave M is currently offline Dave MFriend
Just wondering...are orm.xml files using the eclipselink_orm_2.2.xsd supported by the Eclipse JPA tools (Dali I guess)?

If so, are the advanced mapping options exposed by that schema supported (e.g., additional criteria)?

Normally when in theProject Explorer view of the JPA perspective in Eclipse, the orm.xml is shown at:

MyProject
  JPA Content
    persistence.xml
      PersistenceUnitName
        orm.xml

However, I've found that as soon as I use the eclipselink_orm_2.2.xsd schema in my orm.xml the orm.xml node disappears and none of the entities mapped in the orm.xml can be seen/edited using the JPA Structure and JPA Details views anymore.

Just wondering if that is expected behavior.

Thanks,

Dave
Re: eclipselink-orm.xml and Eclipse JPA views [message #686033 is a reply to message #685955] Tue, 21 June 2011 13:04 Go to previous message
Paul Fullbright is currently offline Paul FullbrightFriend
This is a question that is probably better placed in the Dali (JPA/Persistence UI Tools) forum: http://www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php/f/113/

But to answer your question, yes, you should get support for eclipselink 2.2 orm.xml files assuming that your project has an EclipseLink platform of at least version 2.2. (Project properties/JPA)

If that's not the case, please let us know.
Previous Topic:(no subject)
Next Topic:Ignoring oracle sequence
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 17:53:04 GMT 2024