Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Rich Client Platform (RCP) » Exported application crashes, runs fine in Eclipse - why?(It can't find classes in a plugin dependency)
icon5.gif  Exported application crashes, runs fine in Eclipse - why? [message #685948] Tue, 21 June 2011 00:59 Go to next message
SBS  is currently offline SBS Friend
I have an RCP application which consists of a main plugin and a second plugin. The application runs perfectly when run from within Eclipse. However, when I export the product, the resulting EXE crashes immediately because it is unable to find a class which exists in the second plugin.

I have checked that the JAR for the second plugin is in the plugins folder in the base application's folder and also exists in the plugins folder within the repository folder. All relevant packages are exported from the second plugin which I guess is obvious anyway because the application runs fine within Eclipse.

So, what could be causing this problem? I am now unable to distribute the application and this is causing serious issues.

Thanks,

-sbs
Re: Exported application crashes, runs fine in Eclipse - why? [message #685961 is a reply to message #685948] Tue, 21 June 2011 05:18 Go to previous message
SBS  is currently offline SBS Friend
Never mind, it must have been some kind of internal corruption in the plugin configuration as I restored to a previous version from source control, re-applied my recent changes and all is well now.

-sbs
Previous Topic:Grey Background in Forms Toolbar
Next Topic:onclick event on ViewPart
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 21:56:45 GMT 2024